Header image

How many of you kept your childhood collection?

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
tobedesu
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Re: How many of you kept your childhood collection?

Postby tobedesu » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:15 pm

That Falcon looks really cool in that condition...more like its original.

StarWarsFan
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby StarWarsFan » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:30 pm

Shows it was well loved.

yoda
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby yoda » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:29 pm

StarWarsFan wrote:Shows it was well loved.
tobedesu wrote:That Falcon looks really cool in that condition...more like its original.

Thanks and yes it was well loved! I still remember getting it for Xmas. My mum had won at the local bingo just before. I couldn't believe it when she told me I could have it for Xmas. And to my surprise it arrived with Han, Luke, Chewie, Vader, Lobot, SL C3PO, 2--1B. All the other figures wer got over the following years.
I love the Jabba! Its great you still have it with the box in such a super condition.
"Age is no barrier, it's a limitation you put in your mind.~Jackie Joyner-Kersee
Arf arf arf... That's my other dog imitation. ~Sgt. Oddball.

mumbo
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby mumbo » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:32 pm

Always good to see some childhood collections 8) those cardbacks are great 8)

My brother and I had a decent collection but it was mostly given away by the wicked step mother :evil: managed to keep X-wing and Rancor but no figures :cry: :cry:
If its Luke Jedi then I'm interested, vintage or modern.

My feedback - http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=13324

My Focus collection - http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14401

Dazza
New User
New User

Postby Dazza » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:14 pm

I didn't actually get into Star Wars until 1983, after the release of ROTJ - but I've kept all my childhood collection. I was a strange child in that I would put everything back in the boxes when I was finished playing. All the inserts and used sticker sheets are still in the boxes, too.
I also kept the cardbacks and bubbles for the figures... though unfortunately the bubbles were in a separate carrier bag which my mother deemed was one step too far. So they're gone.
My figures were, for the most part, in excellent condition, with all weapons and accessories (I even managed not to loose any tools from the Vehicle Maintenance Energizer!). However, after I left home, my nephew managed to get his hands on them a couple of times which resulted in the loss of maybe a third of the weapons... and my A-Wing pilot! The figures are still in great shape though, so it could have been worse.

chipsteak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby chipsteak » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:40 am

Brilliant pictures here.

These are beautiful collections.

Cazza
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Cazza » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:15 am

Kept most of mine, thankfully. Never had that many. Sold a handful of figures when I was about 12.
Collecting SW since 1980.
"Look Sir, Dubs,"

WANTED LIST viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20916 Looking for Palitoy MOCs

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:46 am

When I began to collect as an adult I was stupid enough to sell some of my broken childhood figures and mix the rest with star wars toy that I bought from other sellers :roll: So there is only a few items in my collection that I know is my childhood items :roll: :(

StarWarsFan
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby StarWarsFan » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:11 pm

Great pictures everyone :)

pizzathehutt
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby pizzathehutt » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:19 pm

I sold my loose childhood collection on ebay in about 2003. did each figure sepratly so cant quite remember how much I made but I think it was near £500

between then and 2008 I managed to put a loose run of all the figures together apart from vinyl jawa but also loose ships and playsets, even had a minty hoth ice planet and I sold all that to people on here when I joined this forum.

the only thing I still own and was by accident was my childhood mk2 boba fett, I out played my original and my mum bought me another at the time which went missing but since my dad sold the house I now have it from it being found clearing up.

all my he-man, thundercats, transformers got given away to cousins because i grew out of those toys and at the time I wasn't bothered and didn't know they'd be worth money in years to come, but because I spent a lot of time going with my dad to boot fairs and antique and collectors fairs buying more and more figures that I didn't have on the back of that weequay 77 back card I knew all of that meant a lot to me.

I do wish I still had my loose collection but really i wish I still had that weequay backing card that I took to fairs with me that I would tick figures off on the back when I got them and then knew which ones I was after :lol:
Collecting vintage loose figures, ships and playsets since 1982.

maxf
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby maxf » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:49 pm

I have all of my ships, in boxes with instructions and some inserts. I have about half of my figures, but these are generally incomplete - I traded a lot of my best figures for an ESB Boxed 12" Fett when I first started collecting... wish I hadn't but there we go.

I don't want to display what I have (space, plus they don't really fit in with what I collect) so I imagine I'll let my kids have them some day, and pass them down. Might be a cheap Birthday one year ;)
Detailed WTB list here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=32243

Includes: Loose figures, Palitoy MOCs, Meccano 20bks, Vehicles, Mailers, Paperwork and more.

Robstyley
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Robstyley » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:54 pm

I took the whole lot to a boot sale to sell when I was about 14/15... and a lot of it didn't sell! That's what I have left now :) A bloke bought my Falcon, Vader Tie Fighter and all my figures. I gave my mini-rigs to my friends son about 15 years ago when he was little. Somehow Squiddy escaped! Found him in a drawer at my Mums sometime in the 90's and kept him. So no, I didn't keep my childhood toys intentionally but I do have some.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tobedesu
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby tobedesu » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:50 pm

Awesome. That scout walker looks great.

Russ J
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Russ J » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:32 pm

I've still got all my childhood toys sadly all the figures haven't got their cardbacks but my vehicles,creatures etc...are all still in original boxes but with the odd one or two without their inner packaging (my Twin Pod Cloud Car being one of them)....I still have all the original weapons as well....

There's only about 4-5 figures off the top of my head in my collection that were not childhood toys but bought from forum members on here....

I really need to take photos

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”