What's custom and what's repro?

wrighty

Sith Lord
I am sure it's been discussed before, my feeling is repro is made to look like original and custom is completely different from original, right or wrong? 8)

poncho

Grand Master
imo

reproduction : a imitation to look like the original item

custom : a modified or reimaginetive take of a original item to make something new and fresh or completly different

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Go to agree.

If I start casting and painting yak faces, that's repro

If I start casting fluorescent rubber yak faces to look like muscle men, that's a custom.

If I start making yak x wing pilots or yaks in storm trooper disguises, that's custom.

If I start making identical copies of yak face figures at 6" scale, or 1" scale that's a custom.

All of this is just my opinion of course, and making really **** customs and selling them on eBay for a fortune is likely to get some stick as well.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Mr-shifter said:
Go to agree.

If I start casting fluorescent rubber yak faces to look like muscle men, that's a custom.

If I start making yak x wing pilots or yaks in storm trooper disguises, that's custom.

If I start making identical copies of yak face figures at 6" scale, or 1" scale that's a custom.

All of this is just my opinion of course, and making really **** customs and selling them on eBay for a fortune is likely to get some stick as well.

Think that just about sums it up for me too

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Mr-shifter said:
Go to agree.

Poor kid needs a Yak Face MOC

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Grant_C said:
Mr-shifter said:
Go to agree.

Poor kid needs a Yak Face MOC

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wrighty

Sith Lord
What about this? Repro figure, non poseable but custom paint! Overall custom!! :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_1450.JPG
    IMG_1450.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 313

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
wrighty said:
What about this? Repro figure, non poseable but custom paint! Overall custom!! :lol:

That is excellent, but how on Earth have you managed to resist making him a camouflage vinyl cape? ;-)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom