Header image

C3PO Metal Rivet

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Darkest_Logic
Regular
Regular

C3PO Metal Rivet

Postby Darkest_Logic » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:35 pm

hi all, I have been looking to buy a 1977 fixed limbs C3PO but I notice all the ones I see have rust on their back body where the metal rivet is.

I am wondering is it a common fault with them?.
Would I be able to get one without rust on the metal rivet?.

thanks in advance.

Snaketibe
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: C3PO Metal Rivet

Postby Snaketibe » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:42 am

It depends entirely on the figure's history as to whether the rivet has rusted. You can get unrusted ones, but bearing in mind how old these figures are these days it's easy to see how they could have been exposed to the right conditions for corrosion to take place at some point in their existence. Most kids didn't keep their figures in mint condition (although some did; me for one! :-)), and most certainly wouldn't have worried about getting them wet or exposing them to damp / humid conditions.

Most fixed-limbs C-3POs you'll encounter these days will have rusty rivets, but if you really want a rust-free one, keep looking and you might get lucky for a cheap price, but more likely you should be prepared to pay for a mint condition one (or a baggied one, of course).

Good luck! :-)

Darkest_Logic
Regular
Regular

Postby Darkest_Logic » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:14 pm

Snaketibe wrote:It depends entirely on the figure's history as to whether the rivet has rusted. You can get unrusted ones, but bearing in mind how old these figures are these days it's easy to see how they could have been exposed to the right conditions for corrosion to take place at some point in their existence. Most kids didn't keep their figures in mint condition (although some did; me for one! :-)), and most certainly wouldn't have worried about getting them wet or exposing them to damp / humid conditions.

Most fixed-limbs C-3POs you'll encounter these days will have rusty rivets, but if you really want a rust-free one, keep looking and you might get lucky for a cheap price, but more likely you should be prepared to pay for a mint condition one (or a baggied one, of course).

Good luck! :-)

Thank you for the reply, I hope I find one too :).

MrKutzzy
New User
New User

Postby MrKutzzy » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:15 pm

You could just remove the rust with vinegar :?: :idea:

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”