LONDON MARATHON - Sunday 23rd April

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Hi all!

I'm hoping that this can stay in this thread till the weekend in order that (as per Jez's charity fundraising thread) it gets lots of visibility; I'd rather it doesn't get lost in Off Topic if possible... please Edd...

OK. London Marathon is nearly here and a very special (mental) chap who is a massive part of the Forum and the collecting community in general is doing some running there... possibly even claiming the inaugural Guinness World Record for the distance in a Star Wars costume. As a marathon runner myself, I find the whole thing a bit bonkers and truly appreciate the stresses he's putting his body through doing this thing. I also appreciate how important SUPPORT is on the route.

London is a massive event and can be very overwhelming, so I'm hoping that around halfway, we might get a group of us together to shout and abuse him a little and make sure he's actually putting a shift in... :lol: It also helps break up the distance as a runner if you have points/places to look forward to, knowing that even for a few seconds, you will see someone you know.

I will be just after the turn in the road as the runners approach Tower Bridge - on their left hand side. This is about 12.5 (approx) mies into the route and an easy to spot place (both for runners and supporters). On the right side of the road, the runners get very congested, but on the left, if they take a wide line, its a great place for photos and some much needed support. Jez stopped here last year and knows the location, so a sure fire support spot. :D

marathon-route.jpg

marathon-route 2.jpg

BANNER:

I have created quick banner to make us easy for Jez to spot us and for (hopefully) us to congregate behind.

IMG_1518.jpg

Bit of a dodgy Stormtrooper, but hey, I think its recognisable enough.... :? Anyway, having spent 3 hours with the sharpie markers, I'm high as a kite, so maybe it looks better to me than it is?!!? :lol:

If you are going along to support, please do come and join me, OR please note below where you will be on the route so that Jez can expect some rousing cheers along the route.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Was going to suggest we form a group at the top of Wapping Lane on the 13/22 mile marker. That way we catch Jez twice. And can nip back to my house in Wapping for vintage giggles afterwards.

cheers Jason

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Trying to think of a way to make this work- but don't think I could make it. By the time I get up there on a bus, and navigate London, he'll be well past!

LOVE the Banner- well done mate!

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
mr_palitoy said:
Was going to suggest we form a group at the top of Wapping Lane on the 13/22 mile marker. That way we catch Jez twice. And can nip back to my house in Wapping for vintage giggles afterwards.

cheers Jason

Hi Jason,

I'm already committed to my spot; I've stood there the past 4 years cheering the guys from my running club, as well as Jez last year, I've already told them I'll be at that spot, so folk will be expecting me to be there... sorry :cry:
Your place is a great one for the double hit of course, hopefully if you can't join me, we can hit a few spots on the course. :D

Steve

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
mr_palitoy said:
That way we catch Jez twice. And can nip back to my house in Wapping for vintage giggles afterwards.

cheers Jason

A very generous offer and an experience I highly recommend

Jez

Sith Lord
Guys, your support is so appreciated. Wow Steve that sign is the business! Great work lads.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Great idea! Can't make it I'm afraid but good luck to Jez and well done to everyone supporting.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
May the chaffing be marginal and a fair wind whisk you on your way to sub 4 hours, mate. I do wish I could be there to cheer you and and subsequently pilfer some of Jason's Palitoys but it's not to be. I'll be cheering you on from the south coast instead.

MTFBWY, mate.

greedole

Padawan
Good Luck!

Front page of the BBC news website!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news
Scroll down

May the force be with you for 26.2 miles

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
greedole said:
Good Luck!

Front page of the BBC news website!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news
Scroll down

May the force be with you for 26.2 miles

And BBC Sport! :D Here's a pic to capture the moment. Good luck buddy.

klEbxF.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom