Header image

Vintage toys on Antiques Roadshow in 1999

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Grant_C
Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Vintage toys on Antiques Roadshow in 1999

Postby Grant_C » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:50 am

ScruffyLookingNH wrote:
Dave Tree has a copy somewhere, on VHS, and is threatening to get it aired at the next Farthest From if he can find it! I'd love to see it as I also appeared on it talking (through my hat) about a grey limbed Snowtrooper :lol: Would love to see it again. I had hair back in the day.

PM to Dave Tree (Priority One)

kieatky
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby kieatky » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:16 am

pizzathehutt wrote:there has been quite a few shown on the antiques roadshow over the years

was one a couple of years ago with a bloke who had lots of boxed items but nothing that rare

i seem to remember one with a bloke who had a shelf of all the loose figures and spoke about rocket firing fett late 90s/early 2000s he may have been in his mid 20s with a ponytail and glasses but im not definite on that

were a few others early 90s aswell as i can remember my dad calling me in to watch at the time some of those were the child editions they did around christmas though

Is this the one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G04SHUrS-4

MikeStrange
Regular
Regular

Postby MikeStrange » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:37 am

kieatky wrote:
pizzathehutt wrote:there has been quite a few shown on the antiques roadshow over the years

was one a couple of years ago with a bloke who had lots of boxed items but nothing that rare

i seem to remember one with a bloke who had a shelf of all the loose figures and spoke about rocket firing fett late 90s/early 2000s he may have been in his mid 20s with a ponytail and glasses but im not definite on that

were a few others early 90s aswell as i can remember my dad calling me in to watch at the time some of those were the child editions they did around christmas though

Is this the one?

Thanks for the link, brings back great memories of weekends before internet and technology.

I remember watching one episode with Star Wars figures on show, the "expert" said Yak Face was worth £50 because he was complete with his cape and weapon (it had the correct staff and Prune-Face cloak).

I'd love to see that episode again.
WANT TO BUY POTF2 SAELT MARAE PROTOTYPES AND FIRST SHOTS.

Snaketibe
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Snaketibe » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:03 am

I believe vintage Star Wars toys featured on The Antiques Roadshow more than once in the 90's, and I'm pretty sure the link above is not to the episode I remember and was talking about in my post on the previous page (although it's still enjoyable to see this one, so thank you for posting the link). I'm fairly confident the expert in the episode I saw actually picked up Boba Fett and turned him over to inspect his rocket :roll:

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:45 pm

Grant_C wrote:
ScruffyLookingNH wrote:
Dave Tree has a copy somewhere, on VHS, and is threatening to get it aired at the next Farthest From if he can find it! I'd love to see it as I also appeared on it talking (through my hat) about a grey limbed Snowtrooper :lol: Would love to see it again. I had hair back in the day.

PM to Dave Tree (Priority One)

I really do dread to think what I chuntered about. You think I talk a lot of shit now? You ain't seen nothin' yet.... :lol:

Starwarsgeek
New User
New User

Postby Starwarsgeek » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:25 pm

MikeStrange wrote:
kieatky wrote:

Is this the one?

Thanks for the link, brings back great memories of weekends before internet and technology.

I remember watching one episode with Star Wars figures on show, the "expert" said Yak Face was worth £50 because he was complete with his cape and weapon (it had the correct staff and Prune-Face cloak).

I'd love to see that episode again.

Yep, thanks but not the one I was thinking of either, although my memory is very hazy. I'm sure some or all of it was filmed in York.

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”