Star Wars Comics

JawaBay

Youngling
Hi there,

Firstly let me say that I am new to Star Wars Forums so I apologise in advance if this is not the right board for this question, or if I make any other faux pas…

I have a collection of Star Wars comics that I would like to sell and was wondering if there is, or is ever likely to be, anyone here interested in buying them? If not, can anyone recommend a different way to sell them?

The comics are in very good condition or better, although bear in mind that I am not an expert grader of comics. All of them are in individual plastic comic book sleeves.

Here is a rough breakdown of what I have:

US Marvel Star Wars: A complete collection including issue 1, and the 3 annuals. I also have duplicates of about 20 of the issues.

Dark Horse Star Wars: A complete collection of every Star Wars comic series that DH produced, from Dark Empire in 1991 up to about 2001 (I would have to sort through the boxes to find out where exactly the collection ends).

I also have a bunch of Star Wars magazines from the 1990s, and a few other printed things like programs.

Any advice, suggestions etc. would be gratefully received!

Thanks!

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Welcome to the forum.

The following is assuming you're talking about the first run of SW comics by Marvel in the 1970s. They have released thousands of SW branded comics over the years. Most are barely worth the cover price.

If they are just he 70s ones then your comics are both worth money and will find buyers. A full run of Marvel US are worth £500 in about VFN condition. If they are "very good" (VG) in the grading sense then they're worth, perhaps, £150. As you say, condition is key.

As for the DH comics: not so much. These were well collected in the 90s but not so much now. Any one of the mini series can be picked up for £10 posted on eBay. However, that's not to say you won't find a buyer. And also, there's one of the series that contains the first appearance of the Solo twins. This was going for good money before Disney wrote off all the EU stuff!

Best plan is to list what you have properly, provide photos and stick a post in the modern collecting for sale thread (or vintage FS thread of you have the 70s comics, of course) towards the bottom of the page. You can try ebay but unless you give them specific grades or very detailed descriptions you won't get much. You will probably be best selling in one lot and expecting to take around half of what you would get if you parted them out and sold individually or in mini series sets. Reason being your target market there is dealers who pay 10-20%, typically, or collectors who will strip out what they want and sell the rest.

Good luck!

Have sent you a PM as I would be interested in both versions, condition dependent.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
You can sell the vintage comics on this link http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=4

Do you have any uk star wars comics from the 80s ?

jedi_mister

Jedi Knight
If you do have the 70s marvel run and you have #1 in that run then you should double check you haven't got the very rare 35 cent cover price version.
You can tell if it is as the 35c price is in a square box and the comic has the upc barcode.

If by chance you do have this then they are worth a lot more than the standard #1 30c cover price version and I would be interested in first dibs on this :)

JawaBay

Youngling
Thanks, jedi_mister - mine is the 30c square box non-reprint version, so no windfall for me! I was aware of the distinction and would probably have sold a 35c one ages ago and gone on a nice holiday.

For anyone else reading, I do have the full run and will add an update here when I post them for sale on one of the other threads.

Thanks, all!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom