Princess Leia white cape price is going up ?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Hi guys I have been looking at evilbay prices on leia white cape. Some of the complete leia white cape figures sell now for £90+ :shock: and for £30+ with repro cape and repro blaster. Is this the prices at the moment or have it been like that for some time now ? :shock:

I am really surprised I thought the value was maybe £45 for a complete leia today :?

What do you think about the prices going up and up ? :? have we hit the loft or will the prices go more up ? :?

poncho

Grand Master
yeah what was a £30 figure a few years ago is now £75-100

i blame facebook....end of

there is also the issue of this leia coming with a dark blaster which is bugger to find loose and commands £35-45 on its own.

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
I've bought two without weapons in recent months.
Price did go up sharply after Carrie passed away and has hovered around £90-100 complete.
I've got 4 now - one my childhood toy - I never knew there was so many variations with the face.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
poncho said:
yeah what was a £30 figure a few years ago is now £75-100

i blame facebook....end of

there is also the issue of this leia coming with a dark blaster which is bugger to find loose and commands £35-45 on its own.

Yes a £30 figure a few years ago and a £10-15 figure in the good old early 00. Yes the dark blaster is a bugger to find, just like the endor black blaster also a bugger. I am not on facebook but I have heard it is there all the action is today ? :? so you blame facebook why ?

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Poncho, sent you a FB friend request!

Whoever is to blame these are now, as stated, desperately overpriced at £90-£120 (the most I've seen one actually sell for). And you're right to call it the "dark" blaster, Chris, as some folk believe it was only the black Leia blaster when, actually, she came with the dark blue variety too. According to TIG, anyway, and I believe them waaaay ahead of FB!

I think I paid about £30 for mine 18 months ago. They were 45-50 then, but shopping around always helps.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
tobedesu said:
I've bought two without weapons in recent months.
Price did go up sharply after Carrie passed away and has hovered around £90-100 complete.
I've got 4 now - one my childhood toy - I never knew there was so many variations with the face.

There is many variants for leia, I have 14 and I am stil missing a few :lol:

Yes, maybe prices is going up at the moment because she passed away :?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Poncho, sent you a FB friend request!

Whoever is to blame these are now, as stated, desperately overpriced at £90-£120 (the most I've seen one actually sell for). And you're right to call it the "dark" blaster, Chris, as some folk believe it was only the black Leia blaster when, actually, she came with the dark blue variety too. According to TIG, anyway, and I believe them waaaay ahead of FB!

I think I paid about £30 for mine 18 months ago. They were 45-50 then, but shopping around always helps.

£30 sounds like a good price 18 months ago, I agree black and dark blue variant can be found on leia. I am not sure about the blue one but I think I have seen it on the tri-logo but I am not 100% sure about it.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I just saw one on Habbas Palace on £120 with a day to go and some nerfherder went from 60 - 90 with three days to go!? I joined that group recently just to see what it's all about. I'll be honest, don't like the format, drives prices right up. I got my Leia some years ago for £25 with it's Palitoy 12back Leia cardback thrown in for free! Could prob get over 150 quid for those now. It truly has gone mental.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Robstyley said:
I just saw one on Habbas Palace on £120 with a day to go and some nerfherder went from 60 - 90 with three days to go!? I joined that group recently just to see what it's all about. I'll be honest, don't like the format, drives prices right up. I got my Leia some years ago for £25 with it's Palitoy 12back Leia cardback thrown in for free! Could prob get over 150 quid for those now. It truly has gone mental.

£120 :shock: Cool with the 12back that you got for free. I guess the 12 back is also not cheap today ? not that I know the value ? :?

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
Yeah, it's ridiculous. Around 18 months ago it was a £35-45 figure which suddenly seemed to jump to £70. There was another jump towards the end of last year and now we're at £90-120.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
peekaygee73 said:
Yeah, it's ridiculous. Around 18 months ago it was a £35-45 figure which suddenly seemed to jump to £70. There was another jump towards the end of last year and now we're at £90-120.

So do you think we will see another jump ?

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
At the NEC toy fair Birmingham at the start of this year a seller had one for sale, minus weapon, for £30.
This was at a time when I was unclear about the differences between repro and original capes, so I didn't buy it. I lost my original cape so had nothing to compare with.

At the same fair there was a graded Leia for £180.
The same figure on the same stall was £120 last December.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
tobedesu said:
At the NEC toy fair Birmingham at the start of this year a seller had one for sale, minus weapon, for £30.
This was at a time when I was unclear about the differences between repro and original capes, so I didn't buy it. I lost my original cape so had nothing to compare with.

At the same fair there was a graded Leia for £180.
The same figure on the same stall was £120 last December.

Crazy looks like the prices is going up fast at the moment :shock:

a leia with original cape for £30 sounds like a good deal today. I have seen them sell for more with repro cape and repro blaster.

£180 for a graded :shock:

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
peekaygee73 said:

I hope not; it's one of the few loose figures I have which I need to upgrade!

I honestly don't know. I keep expecting the bubble to burst but prices seem to keep on inflating. I think the quality of 'The Last Jedi' and the Han Solo film will play a significant part in how many of the new collectors stay in the game; but that gives us the best part of another two years. I do think oversaturation of SW (if that's possible!) will eventually put off a lot of people.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
peekaygee73 said:
Pomse2001 said:
peekaygee73 said:

I honestly don't know. I keep expecting the bubble to burst but prices seem to keep on inflating. I think the quality of 'The Last Jedi' and the Han Solo film will play a significant part in how many of the new collectors stay in the game; but that gives us the best part of another two years. I do think oversaturation of SW (if that's possible!) will eventually put off a lot of people.

Very interesting, so if the last jedi and han solo is not good movies. Then the prices will maybe go down. Not that I hope they are bad movies. But maybe you are right. After disney bought star wars then vintage prices have gone crazy.

I never thought I should see leia be more expensive than most of the last 17 figures :shock:

What do you need to upgrade on leia ?

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
peekaygee73 said:
Pomse2001 said:

Very interesting, so if the last jedi and han solo is not good movies. Then the prices will maybe go down. Not that I hope they are bad movies. But maybe you are right. After disney bought star wars then vintage prices have gone crazy.

I never thought I should see leia be more expensive than most of the last 17 figures :shock:

The cape has a bad rip on the arm and she doesn't have a blaster. So just the expensive bits! :wink: :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
peekaygee73 said:
Pomse2001 said:
peekaygee73 said:

The cape has a bad rip on the arm and she doesn't have a blaster. So just the expensive bits! :wink: :lol:

Oh the expensive bits, yes it is always the expensive bits that is missing or broken.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
I have been fascinated for some time now with the jump in the prices mint loose complete figures r selling for and I don't mean just graded :!: The Leia is certainly no exception. I rem a mint example selling in around 2002 for £45 which was a bit of a wow price back then!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom