Introduction...

Londoner57

Youngling
Hello everyone

I've just signed up, and having been browsing a few threads, I must say I'm sorry I didn't find this forum sooner (more later on why)

About me, well, I live in London, have two boys, one starting university soon and the other finishing. I also have a couple of labradors and a wife, and its fair to say none of them quite get the collecting habit :) I also can't believe it's almost 40 years since my dad took my younger brother and me to see Star Wars...Of course, we collected figures and toys, some then, some later> I kept going, on and off, getting onto quite a collection. I bought ungraded and graded.

Anyway, I'm at the stage of life when I'm thinking of downsizing, so sadly at the other end of my collecting career..I thought it would be nice to give my sons some cash towards university fees for the younger and a flat deposit for the older. So during the last few weeks, I've been selling off my collection on eBay - mostly the "lesser" figures, most of which are graded, including a boba fett (which I will miss, but I won't miss the ewoks), as well as graded die cast figures. Unbelievably, I only just found this forum yesterday...

In the coming week or so, I will be listing the core - the main 12 figures, all 12 backs, mostly A, some B and C, and all graded mostly 80, but a few 85 and 75, and all Kenner apart from R2D2 which is Palitoy. I will also be listing boxed vehicles, mostly unopened - X wings, Tie, Imperial Tie, Scout Walker, Land speeder, B wing. I'll apologies in advance of being a "one-off wonder"

Whilst Id' like to get the best possible price, I do hope they go to a good home. I'll add an eBay link, and if any genuine Forum members from here contact me, I'll provide an additional discount for them on the final sale price.

Best wishes
PS - will not be selling these but wanted to share how it all started for me ...I have the backdrop somewhere for the stand, somewhere. The case doubled up for a lunch box and carrying figures to friends houses for my brother :)

IMG_1108.jpg

IMG_1105.jpg

IMG_1106.jpg

View attachment 1

Attachments

• IMG_1104.jpg
    IMG_1104.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 648

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Hi,

If you 'hope' that your items go to good homes, why not list them on the sales forum here?
Genuine collectors who will pay fair prices...you will get to chat to buyers and see that your pieces are going to be looked after.
Seeing as how you have taken the time to register as a new member....why not hang around, enjoy the forum and the various discussion threads?

Also, selling on here would cut out eBay fees etc....

Londoner57

Youngling
Thanks for your reply and suggestion. I just hadn't yet read sales rules, but assuming I'm OK to post as a new joiner, then I'm happy to do so :D :)

Best wishes

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Yes you're welcome to post items for sale, the only restriction for new members is that you cannot request gift/friends & family payments until you have some positive feedback. Full list here:

http://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=23184

Other than that welcome aboard, and it would be great to see what you have!

punk_pat

Jedi Knight
Selling on eBay is just a waste of money mate - the majority of collectors looking on there will be looking here. Save yourself those (expensive) fees as well as a load of hassle!

Look forward to seeing everything on offer.

Cheers

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
I'd agree with what's been said above - you'll get good valuations on here and they'll definitely go to collectors who'll appreciate them.

I like that the Labradors get a mention before the wife :lol: I'm quite lucky in that my wife gets my collecting vintage SW, but it baffles the greyhounds. :wink: It's really good to see you're keeping the important stuff too - you can replace everything else, but not your childhood toys.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Welcome to the forum. :D
Looking forward to seeing what you have decided to move on.
As others have mentioned, you are dealing with like minded people here, who will pay a fair price.
How about listing in the valuation thread and see what prices are suggest?

Londoner57

Youngling
Hi everyone

Thanks for for your replies and suggestions. I've just made a posting in the valuations thread, and taken all the photos, so hopefully they will go one next week once I have some ideas on prices to ask. I was planning to list them with a 5% discount fore more than one purchase...I agree with the eBay comments, I don't like eBay and the combined eBay and paypal fees are outrageous, I've just had to put up with them up to now..

As for the labradors, well Cyril and Bertie know where they are in the pecking order, even if my wife disagrees :D

Best wishes

x-pack

Grand Master
Welcome and good luck with the sales. Like others have said, forget eBay. There's just no point paying to list and paying 10% or whatever it is these days. Then you've got to run the gauntlet of hoping you get a trust worthy buyer who won't try to scam you through the various loops in eBay rules. List on here and you're in good hands.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Welcome mate to the forum. As other members write, it could be a good idea to sell your items on the forum :wink:

Also thanks for sharing some great pictures of your childhood stuff from where it all started 8)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom