Where to buy.

av6

Jedi Knight
Hi all,

I'm just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction with a few recommendations on where to buy vintage MOC's? Obviously there's this very forum, eBay (now and again), and toy fairs. Are there any other decent retailers or sellers? I'm not into AFA stuff at all. Having said that I wouldn't rule out ever buying it.

Cheers.

Sparky P

Jedi Knight
Supporter
This is the best place to "meet" people and network. Both via the forums and chatting in pms. A lot of quality items get sold this way in private deals. My last purchase came from a sale such as this, it didn't come to the open market.

(Prepares himself for an avalanche of spears) Facebook is also a good place to do likewise. This forum has its own page and there are others where you will find items up for sale. Hoth rebel also has his own fb sale page which is usually choc a block with quality items.

poncho

Grand Master
facebook selling groups...

jabbas court
yavin
echobase are all UK based

there are lots dont join too many. youve goto be quick! facebook sales blink and its gone :?

x-pack

Grand Master
Here, Facebook, Ebay. Over the past few years the market place has expanded massively, but so has the cost. By far the best place to pick up vintage Star Wars would be the shows - Farthest From, Echo Base, NEC toy fair, etc etc.

Top tips - watch out for reproduction crap. On eBay half the carded figures listed seem to be repro's. They are usually described as such. Avoid as they are bad news to the hobby.

Repro weapons are rife. People seem to rely on the so called 'float test'. You'll see weapons listed with 'passes float test'. My experience is that the float test alone is not fool proof, and with the price of weapons often being in excess of the figure itself, be wary!

Read the description on listings! Speaks for itself.

Good luck

av6

Jedi Knight
Thanks chaps!

It's carded figures that I'm interested in really, but never say never on vehicles.
I'll try to stay away from eBay to be honest. I've seen some of the stuff on there already. I was going to throw a bid in on a Yoda figure a couple of nights ago, but the bubble just didn't look right to me. Recard was what I was thinking.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I would highly recommend getting to shows, nothing beats looking at something in hand and taking it away with you right there and then. Farthest From last weekend had an amazing selection of vintage on sale, most of it at reasonable prices and even the super high end graded stuff was probably about the going rate (not into grading either.)

However I don't think I would agree shows are the best place to pick stuff up, typically they are way more expensive than online. The truth is you need to look EVERYWHERE - I regularly check forums, eBay, Facebook groups, Vectis, Gumtree, and when I'm looking for something specific even a good old Google search has turned things up on random websites occasionally. I'd love to tell you there is one place to go where you will get the best prices and the best selection, but that's not how it works.

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
eBay for me is a pointless place nowadays, inflated prices and insane shipping costs.

My best pickups lately have been at meet-ups and Farthest From.

Letting other collectors know what you are after always helps and I've got a few hard to find pieces this way.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom