Palitoy Fett leaflet

apack7229

Sith Lord
Hi everyone, I just got this leaflet in today and was wondering if it is original. It's about 6" by 5 1/4"

Attachments

• IMG_9510.JPG
    IMG_9510.JPG
    169.7 KB · Views: 650
  • IMG_9511.JPG
    IMG_9511.JPG
    170 KB · Views: 657

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Look at how spotty and pixelated the grain is too on the image, particularly where the dark background merges into light background. Compared to this.
8ISjERy.jpg

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Was it bought on ebay and if so do you have any links?

It's important we flag this up if it is indeed a fake - which is very likely, and either inform the seller they are so or get the word out there to be careful as this is a rare and sought after bit of paperwork.

apack7229

Sith Lord
Here's the link for it on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-1980-PALITOY-STAR-WARS-ESB-BOBA-FETT-COUPON-RARE-NM-/262965959833?hash=item3d39fe1c99%3Ag%3Amv8AAOSww9xZClDP&nma=true&si=odkPCvOaDepghxyMJitvkDST7jA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Palifan

Sith Lord
Looking at Stefan's the text on the back of yours doesn't look to be as sharp as well as the dotted line going around the boarder. Yours does look to be a photo copy and I think the originals are printed on slightly slick paper (not glossy but that smooth poster type paper used on cheap rolled movie posters). This is from memory but you should drop Stefan a link to this thread as he would know best.

Doesn't look great to me, especially for the price and if it's not right you should send it back to the seller.

Ian

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
The border is also noticeable on the front bottom edges which indicates the thinness of the paper. The border doesn't show through on the front of the original.
As with what has been noticed I would say this is very likely a scanned copy.

momike

Jedi Master
I have a couple of these, that one you have from eBay looks very wrong on all levels unfortunately, I remember talking to Darren from star zone years ago and he said there were fakes about so have been floating around a while

Fingers crossed seller just refunds you and just lets you keep it, I think the price for this was way to cheap in the current market if legit, weather the seller knew it was fake is another matter

Dare

Padawan
I own one of these myself and I must say the example shown doesn't look right. Looks very much like a scanned copy as others have already pointed out.

I do hope you can recover what you've spent.

Out of interest, what do originals fetch in today's market?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom