How to clean beater figures

Gaz46&2

Padawan
I've got a pile of beater figures and quite a few of them could do with a good clean before I display or store them away.

What is the best way to go about this without damaging them? Some are encrusted with mouldy gunk of some kind (I don't want to know where it came from) so may need a bit more than a good soak.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Leave'em to soak in warm soapy water for a bit and use a old tooth brush to gently clean them.

Shake them dry and then leave on paper towels to dry over night.

If they smell of fags, add a drop or two of fabric softener in the water.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Another vote for Warm soapy water and toothbrush.

Using any type of chemical cleaning solution may do more harm than good

yoda

Sith Lord
I'd wear a pair of latex gloves cleaning those by the sounds of it. That encrusted gunk could be anything , :lol: :lol:

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
yoda said:
I'd wear a pair of latex gloves cleaning those by the sounds of it. That encrusted gunk could be anything , :lol: :lol:

I am glad I only collect MOC as I don't think I would be any good at cleaning Encrusted Mouldy Gunk! :lol: :lol:

Gaz46&2

Padawan
Thanks for the replies all. Soapy water and a toothbrush it is.

I'm working on the assumption that the encrusted mouldy gunk didn't originate from someone's reproductive organs (or worse) otherwise, they'll be going in the incinerator and buried. :lol:

coomber75

Sith Lord
soapy water and toothbrush all the way... but tge way to get rid of fag smell... genius will try that with 2 of my beater stormie army!!

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Baby wipes work too. Discovered this because I have babies and had wipes in the house. They have a very mild, ph neutral detergent on them. I've cleaned loose ships with them, then dried them with kitchen towel. If they don't harm a babys arse, they shouldn't harm your figures! :lol:

Dorsetmark

Jedi Master
"I'm working on the assumption that the encrusted mouldy gunk didn't originate from someone's reproductive organs (or worse) "

Somebody REALLY loved those figures :shock:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Also avoid painted areas with the tooth brush. It's very easy to take off decals and nose paint etc!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom