Debut Card Collectors.

Nick_IoW

Sith Lord
Hi guys,

Just stepping into the realms of debut card collecting (Kenner, for the most part).

Does anyone know of a list that's considered definitive? The Kellerman matrix seems somewhat dated and has a LOT of gray areas as to which card each figure actually came on.

Also any heads up on what the tougher ones are to look out for would be much appreciated.

MarkG

Jedi Master
For debut cards, the Kellerman matrix is pretty much up to date. It's for the later releases of particular figures there are still grey areas.

As for hardest... I hear mutterings of the 31bk Bossk being a 'grail' as such.

Nick_IoW

Sith Lord
MarkG said:
For debut cards, the Kellerman matrix is pretty much up to date. It's for the later releases of particular figures there are still grey areas.

Problem if have with the Kellerman matrix is when it says figure is on 32, but could be available on 31. Yoda here as an example.

Which is it? Or is the word debut being used here as to when it appears the back of the card?

MarkG

Jedi Master
Nick_IoW said:
MarkG said:

Problem if have with the Kellerman matrix is when it says figure is on 32, but could be available on 31. Yoda here as an example.

Which is it? Or is the word debut being used here as to when it appears the back of the card?

I see your point.. Yoda IIRC only appeared on 32bk cards as he was kept back as a 'surprise' figure for ESB.

Debut should mean the first card that actual figure was released on, not when it was shown on the back of.

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Keller man may not be perfect but it's the best thing out there. I've had a moc that wasn't on the matrix, not a debut tho. I'd use it as a starting point and then try and research the ones that can possibly be wrong, like a 32 that might be available on a 31. I don't think the list of possible debut errors would be too long.

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
If you're putting a debut kenner run together bossk is a cunny but you'll really struggle with 4 lom.

http://theswca.com/images-carde/esb-nooffer-4lom.html

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
For me a true Kenner debut card the figure has to be pictured on the back, otherwise it's virtually impossible to put together and that figure was not intended to debut on a card which it's not on the back of.

As for 4-Lom he's hard to get on a 48 back at a sensible price, let alone a 47 back which he is not on the back of but Zuckuss is!

I personally think the anomalies are more for focus collectors.

12back.com is a good starting point for debut card reference.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Nick_IoW said:
Also any heads up on what the tougher ones are to look out for would be much appreciated.

The 12 Back A's with SKU codes on the footers are I believe the genuine debut cards, but depends whether you want to take it to the nth degree. Trying to do a SKU footer run seems a lot of extra cost for very little reward.

Dannywhiteley

Jedi Master
I wouldn't consider SKU footers a necessity in a debut card run, heck I'd even be happy with some 12b or c as long as it's a 12 back.

I also think there are only 8 or 9 of the first 12 with SKU footers so as above you would be chasing insanity and spending vast fortune's for very little reward.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
It's definitely worth researching before diving in, there's nothing more demoralising than starting a run you later find out you cannot finish. As others have pointed out I believe Bossk and 4-LOM will be particularly difficult.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
It's definitely worth researching before diving in, there's nothing more demoralising than starting a run you later find out you cannot finish. As others have pointed out I believe Bossk and 4-LOM will be particularly difficult.

But let's be honest mate, no more difficult than finishing your trilogo run, and in the meantime, you have for example an esb bossk, so the run will look complete even when it's not.

Nick_IoW

Sith Lord
Mr-shifter said:
But let's be honest mate, no more difficult than finishing your trilogo run, and in the meantime, you have for example an esb bossk, so the run will look complete even when it's not.

Yeah the plan is sell off my 130+ spare mocs and keep 1 moc of each figure and then swap them out over the years - and also gives me an opportunity to flesh out my ccp/sandy focus. Though Jawas will always come first :D

jedi_mister

Jedi Knight
I find the Jedi Temple Archives Vintage Visual Guide to be a useful reference - http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/vintagepics/.

I believe it's taken from the Kellerman reference book but is handy for those of use who don't have that book :)

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Nick_IoW said:
Mr-shifter said:

Yeah the plan is sell off my 130+ spare mocs and keep 1 moc of each figure and then swap them out over the years - and also gives me an opportunity to flesh out my ccp/sandy focus. Though Jawas will always come first :D

Did you decide how to approach last 15? Like I said to you before, I would keep your last 15 tris as I know you were not keen on potf before.

Nick_IoW

Sith Lord
Mr-shifter said:
Nick_IoW said:
Mr-shifter said:

Did you decide how to approach last 15? Like I said to you before, I would keep your last 15 tris as I know you were not keen on potf before.

Yeah keeping last 15. Don't think I'll ever touch potf again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom