How to display 12 back

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
So... Not any time soon will I be able to get my self a 12 back LFB.

I do have a cardback and would look to get a nice Luke, my question is, can you pick up a genuine bubble to go with this? I can reseal for myself and for my own collection.

Or what would alternative be to display?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 596
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 594

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Original bubbles can be found, but are generally rare, and won't of course perfectly match the tears on the litho on your backing cards in any case. They would still be a lot better than nothing, of course.

As for display, instead of resealing figures, some collectors opt to display their open figures in bubbles (whether original or repro), but to not actually seal them to the cardbacks, and instead display them via a cut-out top loader. That helps make it look like the figure and bubble are still attached to the card without needing to permanently stick the bubble to it. It can look great, if done properly :)

Here's an example: http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1093280

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Toploader looks a good bet, thanks for that :D

I'm not worried about the litho tears, would rather it stayed as is, but was looking for an alternative of just standing the figure in front of the cardback, toploader would do the trick :wink:

Thanks again

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Michael Sith said:
Toploader looks a good bet, thanks for that :D

I'm not worried about the litho tears, would rather it stayed as is, but was looking for an alternative of just standing the figure in front of the cardback, toploader would do the trick :wink:

Thanks again

I'm sure that Christian, Jamie or Iain can chip in and share some pictures, but at Farthest From, GW Acrylic were showcasing a new design of case that holds a cardback (or proof of course) and loose figure together. I'm not sure they are available just yet, but seem to think they're due in June/July?

Palifan

Sith Lord
Dublinjeff said:
Here's the blisters I have, don't know if they are what you are looking for?

Are those from a Luke card Jeff? The part image on left the left hand bubble doesn't seem to be the same but at least these are from Empire/Jedi as the only have the single racetrack (not double like the 12/20 backs).

Ian

Jez

Sith Lord
The new acrylic cardback/loose figure combo case looked very neat at Farthest From. I think Jamie also had the figure on a palitoy figure display stand.
It really did look the business.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom