Header image

Dixie Cups- Next up..Hammerhead!

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Shaky_BobaFett
Regular
Regular

Dixie Cups- Next up..Hammerhead!

Postby Shaky_BobaFett » Tue May 16, 2017 10:56 pm

So I had mention this before but finally got round to checking through my Dixie cups and thought it would be good to share with you all ( or rather those interested) the super cool art work on each of the cups . Now I know there are focus collectors out there who may find this particlerly interesting as there's a few unusual ones here with some great pictures. Please note I'm not selling any of these but rather sharing something vintage that maybe to some ,a first time seeing it and an education as such to what you could add or hunt for !
Any way I'm planning to do this weekly , just for a bit of fun and pick a different one each week ( it may get boring for some but for others I think it's a little vintage treat !)
I'm currently showing the Dixie cups that were first released in the Star Wars eddition ( the first official Star Wars licensed ones I believe ?)
So I'll start of with Luke Farmboy. A few cups in this box have him featured but these 2 stand out. So here we go.... Enjoy!
Cheers ⚒
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Shaky_BobaFett on Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I feed the Pigeons, I sum times feed the Sparra's too...." Blur-Parklife

bosk70
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Re: Dixie Cups- figure of the week!

Postby bosk70 » Thu May 18, 2017 6:57 pm

I luv these cups just takes me back to the style of the late 70's early 80's just need the flowery wallpaper and brown yellow and orange Tupperware :D
Vintage Star Wars helping me stay sane since 1977

SAVORY100
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby SAVORY100 » Fri May 19, 2017 8:55 am

I have the Han box, but its sealed... never seen the Han Solo cup in the round like that before. I must get an openbox/loose cup to add to my focus.
On the hunt for items for my Han Original big head / pinhead focus

WANTS LIST

HAN SOLO FOCUS

CUSTOMS SHOWCASE

Cardbackkid
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Cardbackkid » Fri May 19, 2017 11:42 am

I agree the art work is fantastic !

Dublinjeff
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Dublinjeff » Sat May 20, 2017 1:31 am

Love theses... 8)
Recently picked up these 4 boxes, the artwork is so cool.
IMG_20170520_012959.jpg

Just picked up a near complete set of 38 SW cups, 16 Character, 7 Vehicles and 15 scenes...can't wait to get them in hand!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Looking for Toltoys/Harbert Boxed Landspeeder....

Cardbackkid
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Cardbackkid » Sat May 20, 2017 9:23 am

Was these cups released before or after the movie was ? I ask because the art work for Vader , leia and luke looks movie accurate but Han Solo looks more concept anyone agree ?

Dublinjeff
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Dublinjeff » Sun May 21, 2017 10:39 am

I believe that the SW cups were first released in 1980...Can see what you say about Han artwork
Looking for Toltoys/Harbert Boxed Landspeeder....

bobbybobs
Regular
Regular

Postby bobbybobs » Wed May 24, 2017 8:15 am

I love these!

I've only ever been interested in the figures but lately the guys on Tantive and on the Beyond the Toys FB group have gotten me interested in all of these oddball type collectibles. Think I need to invest in some Luke dixie cups :) Thanks for sharing!

Shaky_BobaFett
Regular
Regular

Postby Shaky_BobaFett » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:39 am

Nice pick ups Dublinjeff! Cheers guys for comments. Will carry on with this now I know I've got a few interested!

Now next up is everyone's favourite lovable droid R2D2. Jawa lovers ( nick :) ) will also be of interest as the picture/ scene chosen here is of R2D2 being captured by them pesky little cloaked jawas ! Great colours as with most of these Dixie cups and the word description on this cup particularly cracks me up. It reads as follow:-
.."R2D2 is a Short Claw-Armed Tripod Robot who speaks only in Electric sounds .." I mean I've never read him described as this before , any of u collectors ? Love this cup and hope u guys do too :D
Hopefully I'll not be so long posting up my next cup
Ricky

Shaky_BobaFett
Regular
Regular

Re: Figure of the week-Dixie Cups

Postby Shaky_BobaFett » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:54 pm

So next up is Walrus-Man . As you can see nice bright colours used and some cool text on the cup. It reads " Walrus-man is just one of several weird and exotic Alien creatures and monsters that are to be found in the Cantina at Mos Eisley" .

Shaky_BobaFett
Regular
Regular

Re: Figure of the week-Luke Skywalker,R2D2,Han Solo,Wally, Dixie Cups

Postby Shaky_BobaFett » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:18 am

So next up is everyone's favourite young hero , Luke Skywalker. This cup is super cool in my opinon as it has the Landspeeder on it. Text reads " was a young farmer until he learned the Power of the Force .This knowledge aided him in his fight against the Evil Empire.
Enjoy

Dorsetmark
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Dorsetmark » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:44 am

I really love these cups, thanks for sharing

Shaky_BobaFett
Regular
Regular

Postby Shaky_BobaFett » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:43 am

Cheers mark. It's a joy to find an excuse to pick the cups up and take a Butchers at there cool colours and read the text
Ricky ⚒

Shaky_BobaFett
Regular
Regular

Postby Shaky_BobaFett » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:33 am

Next up is the Tusken Raider .Another nice peice of artwork. Text on cup reads :-
" or Sand people " as they are other wise called. Are the Barbaric nomads of Tatoonie deserts .They make there raids riding great Mammoth-like beasts called Banthas.
Cheers
Ricky ⚒

Cardbackkid
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Cardbackkid » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:32 am

Looks like they went with the "hollow tube " tusken raider for the art work :wink:

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”