40th Anniversary re-release of "A New Hope" UK Cinema

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Guys have any of u heard about this happening :?:
Have heard rumours of a 4K release but nothing more. I know they r being re-released in the US for a limited time, just really hope it will happen here :!:

Davaider

Padawan
I remember watching New hope at My local Showcase cinema on the 20th anniversary in 1997 So guessing cinemas will be doing something for the 40th.

av6

Jedi Knight
Be great if it did happen. Also a nice touch if it were to premier a full theatrical trailer for The Last Jedi.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
This would be fantastic. I hope that if it happens it is the original, as I have never seen this at the "pictures"

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Yeah, I would have expected the hype band wagon to have kicked in by now if true. I could see them doing some charity/premier events in London for a few screenings but if it was a national thing I'd have hoped to hear by now.

I'll settle for Blu-ray releases of the OT that haven't got Rontos taking a dump on screen or other such buffoonery. Surely that's not too much to hope for. You know Disney will do it, just wish they'd get a move on.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
What date is the 40th anniversary?
It may be worth keeping an eye on local cinema listings as some may randomly decide to show it in the hope of getting an audience. There is a cinema over here that does exactly that, normally on a week day night, it's never very well advertised though.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I reckon Disney are holding out for the 50th anniversary, think they are aware that two new Star Wars films are coming out in the next 12 months and they don't won't to overdose the public with Star Wars. Anything Disney do with the origional trilogy will be to maximise their profits IMO.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
That's a good point. It may actually make it more likely local cinemas decide to show it independently of Disney. They won't be too bothered about Disney's profits and if it's only on for a few week nights it shouldn't detract from the crowds who will be coming at xmas, plus it will probably appeal more to die hards like us rather than your average Joe.

Jez

Sith Lord
One of the nearby RAF bases had all 8 movies back to back in a 20 hour marathon 2 weeks ago.
I keep on checking the Prince of Wales cinema in London as they are the sort of cinema who would do.
They had Jedi in 2013, it was great.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Yeh I just hope someone does it! As u all know seeing it on the big screen is a completely diff and amazing experience 8) 8) 8)

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
weasel said:
What date is the 40th anniversary?
It may be worth keeping an eye on local cinema listings as some may randomly decide to show it in the hope of getting an audience. There is a cinema over here that does exactly that, normally on a week day night, it's never very well advertised though.
Thursday this week! :)

yoda

Sith Lord
weasel said:
Cool, will keep an eye on local cinema listings

I don't think its showing in cinemas anywhere, I've checked everywhere within a 8 hr drive nothing! I've even checked Tory Island Social Club for the off chance.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I think you're right. I had a quick flick through the listing last night, even tried QFT as they often do stuff like that, but no joy. Ahh well.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Yeah same here, checked all the listings for major cinema chains, nothing.
Oh well I had hope for a while...A New Hope! :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom