Does anyone regularly use UKG ?

Cardbackkid

Jedi Master
Hi, does anyone regularly post mocs to UKG and receive them back through the post ? I ask because I'm thinking about sending a fett moc to them but haven't really got the time to deliver it in person or collect it so would have to post it and obviously a bit worried doing so.

Has anyone received a moc back and it's been damaged ?

Plastikheld

Jedi Knight
I completely understand your worries.
I never used UKG, but I avoid graded MOCs shipped, cause ther's no chance to protect the blister from ripping off the card.
I had to learn that lesson in a bad way ... this one was packed well, but not from UKG directly
cc_ukg_wfds.jpg

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
**** that's bad, I've never seen that photo before. I've seen plenty of yellow bubbles cracked but to see what looks like a well sealed bubble simply sheer off is really worrying. How anybody can claim grading protects figures is beyond me.

indianawars

Sith Lord
I've not graded in a long, long time. I seriously doubt I could afford it now anyway :lol:

One of my last graded orders I placed back in 2014.

UKG1.png

What it would cost me to place that same order again today :eek:

UKG.png

Hothrebel

Jedi Master
I've used UKG regularly over the last couple of years .well over 1000 items (all shapes and sizes) and never had an issue .Bubble protection can be added if you ask.

Leemcl

Jedi Master
Your likely to be fine with UKG. But there is always that very slim prospect of something going wrong in the postal processs. I think most of us would say just buy your own acrylic case and look after it at home and don't take that risk.

At the end of the day if you ever sell a serious colllector will know that a Fett MOC is legitimate or not and will know the value so I don't especially see the risk of the grading process adding a lot to the value anyway.

Bunglebubs

Jedi Knight
I use them quite regular too, they usually pack them really well and thankfully not had a MOC come back damaged. The last order that was sent back to me had a couple of the display cases broken but the MOC and the mailer were fine it was due to insufficient packaging, after speaking to Steve he said had a new guy doing it. The box it was sent in wasn't much wider than the cases so it wouldn't have taken much of a knock to crack them. Usually they send them in huge oversized boxes with a ton of bubble wrap. I just had to send them back and should hopefully be getting them any day now.

spoons

Grand Master
Bunglebubs said:
I use them quite regular too, they usually pack them really well and thankfully not had a MOC come back damaged. The last order that was sent back to me had a couple of the display cases broken but the MOC and the mailer were fine it was due to insufficient packaging, after speaking to Steve he said had a new guy doing it. The box it was sent in wasn't much wider than the cases so it wouldn't have taken much of a knock to crack them. Usually they send them in huge oversized boxes with a ton of bubble wrap. I just had to send them back and should hopefully be getting them any day now.

That's really bad - imagine if the MOC had been damaged too. Sounds like the new guy needs a bit more training, glad nothing serious happened.

I used to use UKG about once a year, Steve is a nice guy and not too far away so always delivered and collected in person. since they've had to pay VAT prices have increased and I generally just use acrylic cases now as I was never that fussed about the grade. Before the price rise graded pieces were only a couple of pounds more expensive than an empty case. I still use them for items I want preserving, cracked bubbles etc, but I wouldn't trust those kind of pieces in the post.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
I used them all the time,but only for baggies & I ended up helping to design a better case for them as I was just not happy with the way the old style cases protected or displayed the figures/baggies,I have no worries about shipping them in the cases the way they are now.

But as for MOC's, to me personally graded MOC's are a total no no,they just have sod all protection for the bubble so I would never ever buy one of have it graded & posted as you are IMO just asking for it, I only have 1 graded moc & would have bought an ungraded example over it if it was one I could get, I may actually crack it open & just put it in a slide bottom in future.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Actually I've just remembered that I've emailed Steve twice over the last few months about a custom case I need making and have not had a reply to either email. Anybody else having trouble getting hold of him? It says on the website the only way to order custom cases is by email.

wrighty

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
Actually I've just remembered that I've emailed Steve twice over the last few months about a custom case I need making and have not had a reply to either email. Anybody else having trouble getting hold of him? It says on the website the only way to order custom cases is by email.

I used to order quite a few custom cases from Steve, but he was more and more difficult to get hold of and often lead time run into months so at the end I just give up. Sometimes when you get busy you forget the little guys that made it a success to start off with!! :lol:

Bunglebubs

Jedi Knight
Yep had the same problem with getting custom cases made, sometimes he is quite quick and others it can take months. You just have to keep bombarding him with emails until he replies. That's what I do anyway :lol:

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
wrighty said:
edd_jedi said:

I used to order quite a few custom cases from Steve, but he was more and more difficult to get hold of and often lead time run into months so at the end I just give up. Sometimes when you get busy you forget the little guys that made it a success to start off with!! :lol:

Good prompt, I emailed him in March about a case for a Kim Simmonds used photo used item; I'll chase him up.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Glad it's not just me, I thought I was in his bad books for my constant grading bashing :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom