Palitoy Death Star sizes

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
I'm looking for some help, please.

I've had a Pali Death Star sitting boxed up for some time waiting on me finding the space. After some recent re-jigging, I'm getting there. I'm wanting to put it on a table and under a perspex dome and I'm looking for its diameter and height.

By the way, the reason I'm not measuring it myself is mobility problems. I'll need a friend to help me assemble it and I'd rather do that all at once to avoid MS based clumsiness damaging my prize between bow and assembly.

Ta.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Hi,

As luck would have it, I've recently had reason to measure my loose one. The base is 60 cm in diameter, and the height of the cardboard is therefore 30 cm. I didn't bother adding the clips, seat, canopy or X-Wing guns when measuring, but I would allow another 4 or 5 cm or so on the height:

PDS.jpg

Hope that helps :)

Jeremy

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
That's a great help. Thankyou Jeremy.

I can now get planning and whoever I get to build the flatpack table can build a vintage cardboard playset while they're at it!

:handclaps:

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
It may be worth asking Christian at GW Acrylic. Pretty sure he has the dimensions required for an acrylic dome for the Pali DS as he was looking into get one made. The problem is the cost: expensive to manufacture and expensive to ship as they take up loads of room. I did look into buying a dome from a supplier on eBay but again it was really quite expensive. £80+ from what I remember. Good luck with the project, would love to see it done.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom