Displaying Helmets

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
I'm sure a few of you have helmets in your collections. I've recently purchased an Emperor's Royal Guard helmet and am looking for a stand to display it on. I can find quite a few stands but for a more standard helmet like the Stormtrooper or Fett helmet for example.

The ERG helmet is a fair bit longer than these as it includes the piece that goes down the neck.

Can anyone recommend somewhere to buy a decent stand that will accommodate this helmet?

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
You could always buy a standard stand and then lengthen it with some dowel, it won't be seen once the helmet is on there.

An option if you can't find one ;)

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Good point, good option.

Did think about stuffing something into top of helmet too but don't want to run the risk of helmet falling off stand

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I tend to keep my helmet to myself, but if you want to display yours that's your choice.

Carl Waterworth

Jedi Master
I use my helmets regularly (with the rest of the costume, but keep mine displayed in my detolf cabinate, you probably could leave a shelf out for a taller one like ERG.

I have never bothered with a stand of any kind, i suppose ny tusken would benefit from one.
20141029_103132_zpsyie6vpxo.jpg

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Stuart Skinner said:
I'm sure a few of you have helmets in your collections. I've recently purchased an Emperor's Royal Guard helmet and am looking for a stand to display it on. I can find quite a few stands but for a more standard helmet like the Stormtrooper or Fett helmet for example.

The ERG helmet is a fair bit longer than these as it includes the piece that goes down the neck.

Can anyone recommend somewhere to buy a decent stand that will accommodate this helmet?

I've used a standard black helmet stand from English Heritage online shop (or in your case pop to Deal castle), then glued a Tropicana bottle on top (yes, really)... this is perfect height to display the ERG helm

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Sorry for **** pictures - £6 kitchen roll holder from Asda and perfect for helmets. Loads of people use them.

Attachments

• WP_20170523_19_07_01_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170523_19_07_01_Pro.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 635

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
I use these...seem to work ok

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Foldable-Wig-Hat-Cap-Stand-Hair-Holder-Mannequin-Dummy-Head-Stable-Display-Tool-/152476794042

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 614

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Cheers gents, some great suggestions, will take a look at the options tomorrow.

Steve - Where do I get a Tropicana bottle from??? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Stuart Skinner said:
Cheers gents, some great suggestions, will take a look at the options tomorrow.

Steve - Where do I get a Tropicana bottle from??? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

haha.. McDonalds breakfast... perfect fuel post marathon training, you know, the one you're doing next year... :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom