Header image

Hollow Tubes Sand Person

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Snaketibe
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: Hollow Tubes Sand Person

Postby Snaketibe » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:58 pm

Pomse2001 wrote:
poncho wrote:
chipsteak wrote:I eyed up every Sand People on eBay for months looking for an unadvertised one*. The first unadvertised one I saw went for big bucks as if it were expertly listed. Doh. The second one I saw was a bit of a beater and very poorly photographed. Luckily, I got that one.

The Sand People is one of my favourite figures and I have a vague memory of the hollow ones turning up circa 84-ish but I'm aware of 'False Star Wars Memory Syndrome'. I've never seen a carded example as a collector. Does anyone know what cardbacks they appeared on?

*I've got time on my hands. :D

hollow cheeks were released on jedi cards only

any idea what rotj card it was sold on ? I have never found a hollow cheeks in a danish childhood lot and most of the figures that was sold in denmark was rotj tri-logo, palitoy and kenner.

I didn't know the answer, but was curious, so I've just had a quick look on Google images and can see Kenner Jedi carded [Tusken Raider (Sand People)] and Meccano Tri-logo carded examples. Sadly, I couldn't see the backs of the cards, but hopefully someone here will have more knowledge than me and provide that info :-)

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:27 pm

Snaketibe wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
poncho wrote:hollow cheeks were released on jedi cards only

any idea what rotj card it was sold on ? I have never found a hollow cheeks in a danish childhood lot and most of the figures that was sold in denmark was rotj tri-logo, palitoy and kenner.

I didn't know the answer, but was curious, so I've just had a quick look on Google images and can see Kenner Jedi carded [Tusken Raider (Sand People)] and Meccano Tri-logo carded examples. Sadly, I couldn't see the backs of the cards, but hopefully someone here will have more knowledge than me and provide that info :-)

It could be cool to know that, thanks :D

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:33 pm

Snaketibe wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
poncho wrote:hollow cheeks were released on jedi cards only

I just found this link Kenner 65 back, not a cardback that I have found in denmark. So if it maybe was only sold on the 65 cardback then it could be why I have not found one in denmark yet :? The one I have was bought in usa many years ago.

See link http://vintagestarwars.net/star-wars-vi ... unpunched/

Twin30mm
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Twin30mm » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:42 pm

Great info regarding the cardback history.

As a side note, in Snaketibes' photo, the Hollow Tubes has a noticeably darker Gaffi Stick.
Is this weapon variation peculiar to the Hollow Tubes or just random?

Jon
"I want more life......f*cker"
WTB List: http://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26380

Snaketibe
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Snaketibe » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:39 pm

Twin30mm wrote:Great info regarding the cardback history.

As a side note, in Snaketibes' photo, the Hollow Tubes has a noticeably darker Gaffi Stick.
Is this weapon variation peculiar to the Hollow Tubes or just random?

Jon

The dark brown Gaffi stick is the one which came with the figure when I bought it loose many years ago. The stick is definitely not repro, but as with any loose figure you haven't owned from new, I'm afraid I cannot say whether that is the same weapon which was packed in with that particular figure on its card. I'd like to know the answer to your question myself, as wherever possible I like to display figures with their correct weapons, and if the dark brown one is wrong for the hollow tubes, I'll change it. hopefully a well-informed Forum member can help :-)

Jeremy

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”