OT: My new website and the reason why I've not been around!

Joe

Grand Master
Hey guys,

I thought I would be a little cheeky and post my new website here, I know it's not Star Wars but it is close..it's Kenner's other success story of the 80's: Real Ghostbusters!

http://theartofrgb.com/
cropped-theartofRGBheadercrop.png

I've been quietly working away on this for a fair few months now and I've finally reached a point where I'm happy enough to let others take a look. There is more to come if you are a fan of Ghostbusters toys, comic art or anything else featured on the site so do keep checking back!

As far as my involvement with Star Wars is concerned..Trilogo.info is still going strong with plenty of hits on the site and discussion going on in the FB group (Thanks Iain and Edd for helping out there!) and while the Trilogo book is delayed, our intention is still to finish it - if I can post more about that subject I will.

Thanks for reading guys, if anyone ever wants to chat I'm always around on FB or email - Really hope some of you enjoy my new collecting endeavour and thanks to Edd for letting me bend the rules by posting this up here!

lejackal

Grand Master
Great stuff Joe, as you know I'm itching to buy your Trilogo book but this is epic, well done mate!

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
Looks great mate! I'm going to enjoy going through that; this doesn't get you off the hook with the trilogo book though - I still want that too!!!

Joe

Grand Master
Thanks chaps! This was something I have wanted to do for a long time and finally had the opportunity to since changing collecting focus. It's something the GB community has never had and in time I hope it can become a great resource and source of info for people.

Trilogo book had some delays due to family and work commitments which meant we missed our intended release date however the passion and the enthusiasm is still there and we hope to continue on with the project soon, I'll keep you updated and thanks for your continued support!

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Brilliant Joe.

Glad your still being proactive. Loved GB in the 80's. Some fantastic memories.

Collecting the stickers for the Panini album was amazing fun. Especially getting the shinys for the first page.

Star Wars, Spectrum, MASK, Ghostbusters, Warhammer, Mountain Bike- **** me, my life was so awesome. Now I go to work. What a douche.

This is great news mate- please keep trilogo.info going, it a rock in this this community.

Speak soon.

Bunglebubs

Jedi Knight
Nice to see a new site that covers Ghostbusters, ive managed to get all the monsters MOC and a sealed tub of slime so far, some of them are as hard to find as some Star Wars items :lol:

Will definately take a serious look soon.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Great to see you hear, Joe, even if it's only to spam this erstwhile Forum :lol:

Mate, that looks amazing. I know you've been picking up some AMAZING RGB art and it's great to see it all in one place. I'm only on my phone at the moment so will have a proper look over the weekend, but from an initial browse it looks like the typical, informative, fun and downright good looking kind of website that I'd expect from you!

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Awesome stuff, love GB, the site looks brilliant 8)

You've come on here and crossed the streams :lol:

See you on the other side JOE :D

Palifan

Sith Lord
Great looking site Joe and glad to hear that you're still just as been in the world of vintage. :D

It must have been really hard for you to put the vintage Star Wars world to one side slightly and focus on another area but I can see how after years following mainly one area it's good to have a break from it and look into something else more closely. The world of vintage SW has all gotten a bit out of hand of late (price whys mainly), and I think it's a good time to step outside of it and see what else is of interest, I know I certainly have. Like yourself I always know where to look for the latest news and goings on with regards to SW but it's nice to have a change and you've now added to a gap in information where GB is concerned and I know many people will really benefit from it existing.

Have fun with it all and look forward to reading your Trilogo book when it finally gets released.

Ian

Joe

Grand Master
Really appreciate the comments guys, sadly all of the never seen before toy art and design work has gone completely over the heads of most of the GB crowd ( :lol: ) but I half expected that so it's not the end of the world! I'm glad some SWF members have enjoyed and taken the time to post, there will be much more added as and when I find the time so if you do enjoy a bit of GB as well as SW then keep checking back!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I wouldn't be disheartened by it Joe, SW collecting is very advanced compared to other hobbies. I get the same with video games, nobody cares about variants or foreign releases, everyone just goes crazy for the 'black label' versions (which in SW speak is the Kenner debut card.) 20 years later we all know that the original Kenner release is rarely the most sought after version, I'm sure other hobbies will catch up eventually!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom