Header image

Auction Purchase - Reseal?

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
r5-d4cus
New User
New User

Auction Purchase - Reseal?

Postby r5-d4cus » Sat May 27, 2017 8:21 am

I won a set of figures on the recent vectis auction and am due to pick them up next week. I was taking another look at the auction pic post-auction and noticed the Vader card looks like it might be a re-seal, . I'm hoping it isn't but would appreciate the board's thoughts before picking it up.

Why do I only seem to really pay attention to the pics after I've bought the bleeding things :?:

5star wrs.jpg
darth.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Re: Auction Purchase - Reseal?

Postby edd_jedi » Sat May 27, 2017 8:28 am

Were they sold as reseals? If not you could cancel. The others all look like reseals, Vader might be OK but hard to tell from one photo.

r5-d4cus
New User
New User

Postby r5-d4cus » Sat May 27, 2017 8:31 am

No, not sold as reseals. I wasn't worried about the three middle ones as they're obviously knackered but thought the Vader and left-most Ackbar were ok when I first looked at the pic.

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Sat May 27, 2017 8:38 am

You might be OK then, I'm pretty sure Vectis have to declare major issues like resealing.

r5-d4cus
New User
New User

Postby r5-d4cus » Sat May 27, 2017 8:46 am

Thanks. There were plenty of lots that were declared as reseals which sold a fair bit cheaper.

poncho
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby poncho » Sat May 27, 2017 8:50 am

ackbar bubble looks badly cracked or crushed at the top

vader could be reseal hard to tell but that one corner looks like it has come away at some point. the rest are loose imcomplete figures with bubbles so a potential reseal project.

hope you didnt may too much

greedole
Regular
Regular

Postby greedole » Sat May 27, 2017 9:07 am

Vader looks good.
Ackbar looks sealed to me.
The rest look detached....

Vectis usually describe detached bubbles as "poor"...(should just say detached)

Vectis are usually pretty good though if your not happy with description/outcome

I can't recommend going in person on Auction day enough....i guarantee you'll spend less cash
Die Wanna Wanga.

Dannywhiteley
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Dannywhiteley » Sat May 27, 2017 9:28 am

My opinion is the Vader looks pretty good, left most Ackbar is squashed and cracked, maybe shattered at the top (the yellow bubble would make that likely) and squashed at bottom right of bubble. Right Ackbar looks detached at bottom to about half way but still sealed top half.

The bubble with the Chirpa is actually from the Bib Fortuna, see the yellow strip at the bottom of that bubble matches up with the missing yellow litho at the top of the figure backing area behind Bib. That may actually reseal quite nicely.

The bubble currently with the Bib is probably for the Chirpa but looks shagged.

spoons
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby spoons » Sat May 27, 2017 9:37 am

The condition of the figures are described with chirpa staff missing. That reads like a loose/resealed lot to me. Figure condition doesn't really come into it for MOCs

Darth looks like a partial reseal at worse. It isn't a clear description but you may struggle to argue the case

IMG_4281.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://www.vintagestarwarsdiecast.co.uk for all your vintage die cast needs

Jez
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Jez » Sat May 27, 2017 9:40 am

That's not at all clear is it. I'd say that description is abiguous at best. Nothing about separated, nothing about reseals. Arguable and totally winnable I reckon.
Sorry for your disappointment.

Mr-shifter
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Mr-shifter » Sat May 27, 2017 10:03 am

Looking at that picture, I'm sorry but I think you have about £100 worth of figures there. I personally wouldn't pay any more for that as a bulk lot.

I would really push hard about getting your money back on the basis they are undisclosed as reseals. I would also look up several other lots that are marked as reseals as that should only strengthen your case for them being incorrectly described.
Looking for: A fair priced ungraded trilogo Yak Face MOC (Condition is not so important - no cracked bubbles or broken seals though)

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Sat May 27, 2017 10:12 am

I think it depends on the Vader, that is £100+ easy as long as it's sealed. Then £20 each for the others doesn't seem too bad.

spoons
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby spoons » Sat May 27, 2017 10:18 am

edd_jedi wrote:I think it depends on the Vader, that is £100+ easy as long as it's sealed. Then £20 each for the others doesn't seem too bad.

And if Ackbar is sealed too then about bang on price plus fees
http://www.vintagestarwarsdiecast.co.uk for all your vintage die cast needs

r5-d4cus
New User
New User

Postby r5-d4cus » Sat May 27, 2017 11:09 am

Thanks for the input everyone it's really appreciated. Edd/spoons, that was my reckoning when I put my bid in. The amount I bid was based on the Vader and the left-most Ackbar being factory sealed, I don't think the description is as helpful as it is on other lots. I'll send them an email, see where I get and let you know how I get on.

palitoyjunky
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby palitoyjunky » Sat May 27, 2017 7:00 pm

Out of the 5, the yellow bubble Ackbar and Vader actually look the most likely to b sealed :!:
Looking for mint sealed or unused Palitoy Empire.

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”