Palitoy Jawa MOC

wrighty

Sith Lord
With the recent Vectis Palitoy VCJ going for £22k plus, why not cash in on Jawa fever. USD$6K for an AFA 85 Palitoy Jawa, sold almost instantly at full price! :eek:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-31 at 06.46.22.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-31 at 06.46.22.png
    85.3 KB · Views: 767

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
That guy could put a loose Klaatu up for sale for $1000 and there would be a queue of people begging him to buy it. A parasite on the hobby.

wrighty

Sith Lord
Some pictures of the listing for Steve (Davaider)! 8)

Attachments

• IMG_1782.PNG
    IMG_1782.PNG
    171 KB · Views: 681
  • IMG_1783.PNG
    IMG_1783.PNG
    226.2 KB · Views: 685
  • IMG_1784.PNG
    IMG_1784.PNG
    140.1 KB · Views: 682
  • IMG_1785.PNG
    IMG_1785.PNG
    113 KB · Views: 683
  • IMG_1786.PNG
    IMG_1786.PNG
    193.7 KB · Views: 683
  • IMG_1787.PNG
    IMG_1787.PNG
    199.1 KB · Views: 683
  • IMG_1781.PNG
    IMG_1781.PNG
    102.7 KB · Views: 683

lejackal

Grand Master
Today on Facebook.....

Great Price!

Awesome guy!

He's my hero!

What's your secret Zach? You're the best!
:roll: :lol:

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
lejackal said:
Today on Facebook.....

Great Price!

Awesome guy!

He's my hero!

:lol:

Spot on. And as Edd says, this guy could grade a **** and there'd be a line of muppets waiting to lick his hands clean.

I've said before I don't have a problem with dealers and I don't with 99% of them. This guy falls into the 1%. Actually, that's not quite fair or true, I'm more annoyed with the customers of his that buy overpriced stuff like this than him. If you can and people thank you for it, then I guess.....why not?

And Mark, just because one sells for $6k does not set the market price.

Sparky P

Jedi Knight
Supporter
ScruffyLookingNH said:

Thanks Simon. Got to find one before I worry about price anyway.

lejackal

Grand Master
ScruffyLookingNH said:
lejackal said:
Today on Facebook.....

Great Price!

Awesome guy!

He's my hero!

:lol:

Spot on. And as Edd says, this guy could grade a **** and there'd be a line of muppets waiting to lick his hands clean.

I've said before I don't have a problem with dealers and I don't with 99% of them. This guy falls into the 1%. Actually, that's not quite fair or true, I'm more annoyed with the customers of his that buy overpriced stuff like this than him. If you can and people thank you for it, then I guess.....why not?

Yes, for every bargain (yes, I have seen them) there are probably 50 like the Jawa above. I did mention on a FB thread previously that his business plan wasn't rocket science and that I wasn't a fan, his response was to ask me if I wanted him to stop selling on the platform like the world should be grateful because he's doing it a favour.

maxf

Jedi Master
I dont really understand the Jawa's rise in rarity. Years ago it was positively common, while Chewie, Luke etc were all similarly rare. I know Vectis have sold 4 or 5 Luke and Chewies and a couple of others have surfaced outside Vectis, but they've also sold a couple of Jawas.

Supply has certainly changed, but not to the degree people think, IMO.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
At first I thougt I was a Dumbass for buying two Jawa's but now Zach has shown me the light, I am going to give that guy a Big Hug when I see him!

subzero

Sith Lord
Just thought i'd let you guys know since iv'e seen one or two of you in this forum who seem a bit Jawa crazy lol, there's an apparent genuine vinyl cape Jawa ( loose ) that's just gone up on ebay...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100-Genuine-Star-Wars-Vintage-Vinyl-Cape-Caped-Jawa-Original-Weapon-/282556705110?hash=item41c9b12956:g:eek:qsAAOSwFJBZW4Cy

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
subzero said:
Just thought i'd let you guys know since iv'e seen one or two of you in this forum who seem a bit Jawa crazy lol, there's an apparent genuine vinyl cape Jawa ( loose ) that's just gone up on ebay...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100-Genuine-Star-Wars-Vintage-Vinyl-Cape-Caped-Jawa-Original-Weapon-/282556705110?hash=item41c9b12956:g:eek:qsAAOSwFJBZW4Cy

Great price!!!!!

subzero

Sith Lord
Capetown said:
subzero said:

Great price!!!!!

What would you say the estimated value is for this?.. with the tears in the cape?

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
I've bought mine a bit too long ago to be in the know regarding current prices, but I do know £1200 is a 'great price'. :lol:

subzero

Sith Lord
Capetown said:
I've bought mine a bit too long ago to be in the know regarding current prices, but I do know £1200 is a 'great price'. :lol:

Ohh I see, you're being sarcastic haha!

First vinyl cape Jawa iv'e seen so far :lol:

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
maxf said:
I dont really understand the Jawa's rise in rarity. Years ago it was positively common, while Chewie, Luke etc were all similarly rare. I know Vectis have sold 4 or 5 Luke and Chewies and a couple of others have surfaced outside Vectis, but they've also sold a couple of Jawas.

Supply has certainly changed, but not to the degree people think, IMO.

I dont understand it either, when I collected the first time Jawa was a normal figure but now it is considered rare. If you ignore the 6K sale both Chewie and Luke command more money than Jawa's and yet I found both of those figures relatively easy to locate and buy in 85 grade where as Ben I found quite difficult to find. I am not sure whether rarity is dictating the price on some of the 12 backs as in my opinion a high grade Ben is the most difficult to find but the Chewie is more talked about and presumed to be rarer. I think the value of the Jawa may have been increased because of the sale of the Palitoy VCJ at Vectis and the high price tag it achieved whether this will be a temporary or permanent increase remains to be seen.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom