Displaying the Droid Factory

Woolyniner

Jedi Knight
Has anyone got any good ideas on displaying the droid factory? Better with all the droids disassembled or with droids built?

I've not got a copy of the original instructions, and I was wondering are there default droids to build, or is it just use your imagination?

The R2 D2 assembled is a must though, he looks pretty nifty.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
When I displayed mine, I did a mix of built/unbuilt... the R2 and a couple of others then the tray part didn't look too empty.
I used my imagination combined with the box art to make the extra Droids and of course, chuck a jawa or two on there if you have them to finish the display!

Woolyniner

Jedi Knight
I love the Jawa idea, I think I'll track some down.

I expanded my imperial attack base with lots of snowtroopers, Darth Vader, and Rebels attacking and it looks so much better for it. I'll do the same with the droid playset.

Thanks Steve, I'm off and away on a new vintage project!

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Jim, the base is actually designed with cavities to hold many of the pieces like a chocolate gift box, you can see the arrangement from the photos below. Not everything has a space though, and I do like the idea of Jawa's carrying piece around too!

Picture385.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Woolyniner said:
Has anyone got any good ideas on displaying the droid factory? Better with all the droids disassembled or with droids built?

I've not got a copy of the original instructions, and I was wondering are there default droids to build, or is it just use your imagination?

The R2 D2 assembled is a must though, he looks pretty nifty.
You don't say whether you have the Palitoy or Kenner version, and although (crane, base and sticker printing aside) the contents are effectively identical, the instructions / blueprints are very different. Since you say you don't have a copy of them, hopefully these might help you with droid building :)

Palitoy:

Palitoy 01.jpg

Palitoy 02.jpg

Kenner (Part 1):

Kenner 01.jpg

Kenner 02.jpg

Kenner 03.jpg

Kenner 04.jpg

Woolyniner

Jedi Knight
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
Woolyniner said:
Thanks Bonsai, althought it's Phil not Jim :) . Not sure why I choose such a daft user name.

I'm so sorry Phil, I thought you were James Woolley!

No worries at all, it's my own fault I should have called myself something like Phil73

Woolyniner

Jedi Knight
Ok, it is going to require a fair few more Jawas over time but this will do for now:
IMG_20170603_181837.jpg

Thanks all for the advice

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom