Vectis SW 40th Anniversary Wait

Awl Skulkerkey

Padawan
Hi all. Hoping lots of forum friends enjoyed the recent auction lots. Does anyone else have that anticipation of excitement while waiting for their Star Wars Vectis Auction win to be delivered? It's like that 'kid before Christmas' waiting game feeling! :lol:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
For me, it's more like being nervous about how they'll pack it / how it will be handled during transit. Until I have my purchase in hand, I'm always slightly concerned that it won't arrive in the same condition shown in the auction photos. Oh, and Vectis are also taking their good time about sending it as well, as I still haven't been billed for the postage charge yet either, so not only do I not know how much they'll charge me for that, I have absolutely no idea when it will arrive either :?

... Still, let's be positive, eh? :wink:

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
For me, it's more like being nervous about how they'll pack it / how it will be handled during transit. Until I have my purchase in hand, I'm always slightly concerned that it won't arrive in the same condition shown in the auction photos. Oh, and Vectis are also taking their good time about sending it as well, as I still haven't been billed for the postage charge yet either, so not only do I not know how much they'll charge me for that, I have absolutely no idea when it will arrive either :?

I've always found their packaging to be second to none. Really well done so try not to worry too much on that score.

Postage costs are also not too bad. But you might find yourself waiting a while...

indianawars

Sith Lord
yn7KoI.gif

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
SublevelStudios said:
Snaketibe said:

I've always found their packaging to be second to none. Really well done so try not to worry too much on that score.

Postage costs are also not too bad. But you might find yourself waiting a while...

In complete agreement - packaging has thankfully always been brilliant for me.
They do take their time, but in all honesty I'd be happier with a slow and safe process than rushed and ropey...

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
SAVORY100 said:
SublevelStudios said:
Snaketibe said:

In complete agreement - packaging has thankfully always been brilliant for me.
They do take their time, but in all honesty I'd be happier with a slow and safe process than rushed and ropey...
Thanks for the reassurance :)

Awl Skulkerkey

Padawan
Yes I found Vectis sounded very professional. I spoke to them on the Friday and they are charging me £16 p&p which sounds fair cos it'd cost me loads more in time and money to collect! Lady did mention they were very busy so it's just a waiting game for me. (I got a handful of carded figures).

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Yes, providing they use very strong packaging and take the time to pack it properly, I suppose £16 isn't that outrageous. It's certainly preferable to cheap, but flimsy :)

maxf

Jedi Master
Awl Skulkerkey said:
Just found out cheeky Vectis have charged me CC fee for p&p?

Not happy! :x

Is that not a CC fee for the whole lot, not just postage?

ODB

Jedi Master
maxf said:
Awl Skulkerkey said:
Just found out cheeky Vectis have charged me CC fee for p&p?

Not happy! :x

Vectis in the past have charged me one fee for the lot and then one fee for the P&P.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Bunglebubs said:
ODB said:
maxf said:

Vectis in the past have charged me one fee for the lot and then one fee for the P&P.

They do that to me too. Still waiting on my items being delivered :(
Same here, and since they haven't charged me for postage yet, I still have no idea how much longer I will have to wait. If this was eBay, I imagine negative feedback would be being considered by many buyers by now :-(

Nick_IoW

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
Bunglebubs said:
ODB said:

Same here, and since they haven't charged me for postage yet, I still have no idea how much longer I will have to wait. If this was eBay, I imagine negative feedback would be being considered by many buyers by now :-(

I spoke to them about postage invoices and when items will be sent out and the reply was 7-10 days. Theyre currently posting out items from the auctions around the 16th of May. They're quite slow at this part of the process.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Yeh if u get the chance to pick up ur winning lots at a Barry Potter fair or have the v kind Rich H pick up for u then go for it as Vectis's process time can b painfully slow at times :!:

Awl Skulkerkey

Padawan
Nick_IoW said:
Snaketibe said:
Bunglebubs said:

I spoke to them about postage invoices and when items will be sent out and the reply was 7-10 days. Theyre currently posting out items from the auctions around the 16th of May. They're quite slow at this part of the process.

I imagine if they weren't allowed to take payment until items were despatched, they'd be flying out of that warehouse! :lol: Once they take payment, they're not bothered. Spoke to them twice now and it's always "we are very busy, 1 to 2 weeks?"

maxf

Jedi Master
Awl Skulkerkey said:
Nick_IoW said:
Snaketibe said:

I imagine if they weren't allowed to take payment until items were despatched, they'd be flying out of that warehouse! :lol: Once they take payment, they're not bothered. Spoke to them twice now and it's always "we are very busy, 1 to 2 weeks?"

It's only an hour drive from Leeds - maybe you could collect?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom