Header image

Theft at Rancho Obi-Wan

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
User avatar
wrighty
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1400
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:40 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Theft at Rancho Obi-Wan

Postby wrighty » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:22 am

To steal that amount of stuff, >100 items, it's a premeditated and planned action. I suspect it was not items on display but in storage that are missing. How many MOCs do you think you can sneak out at one time? It's really sad that this has happened.

User avatar
Captainsolo1978
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 768
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:35 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: Theft at Rancho Obi-Wan

Postby Captainsolo1978 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:38 am

Disgusting behaviour by someone he thought was a friend. Hope he gets the stuff back.

User avatar
palitoyjunky
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2631
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: Theft at Rancho Obi-Wan

Postby palitoyjunky » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:31 pm

Back fucking news when a so called trusted friend does that to u :evil:

I dearly hope u get all ur pieces back Steve.
Looking for mint sealed or unused Palitoy Empire.

Gaz46&2
Regular
Regular
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:53 pm

Re: Theft at Rancho Obi-Wan

Postby Gaz46&2 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:41 pm

Throw him into the Sarlacc pit :D

weasel
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 17546
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:32 pm
Location: My Island

Re: Theft at Rancho Obi-Wan

Postby weasel » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:21 pm

Good to hear he's been rumbled and is looking at jail time.

What I don't get is HOW he thought he would get away with it. By the sounds of it he nicked some fairly rare and hard to find items. Those are easy to trace as shown by how quickly they worked out it was him. Fucking dim on his part. He was always gonna get rumbled. He may have made decent money in the short term but the end game was always gonna be jail so why bother?
"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!"

User avatar
Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1831
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:43 pm

Re: Theft at Rancho Obi-Wan

Postby Mini99 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:36 pm

weasel wrote:Good to hear he's been rumbled and is looking at jail time.

What I don't get is HOW he thought he would get away with it. By the sounds of it he nicked some fairly rare and hard to find items. Those are easy to trace as shown by how quickly they worked out it was him. Fucking dim on his part. He was always gonna get rumbled. He may have made decent money in the short term but the end game was always gonna be jail so why bother?


I suspect desperation or then again stupidity

User avatar
Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1544
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Theft at Rancho Obi-Wan

Postby Snaketibe » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:58 pm

Mini99 wrote:
weasel wrote:Good to hear he's been rumbled and is looking at jail time.

What I don't get is HOW he thought he would get away with it. By the sounds of it he nicked some fairly rare and hard to find items. Those are easy to trace as shown by how quickly they worked out it was him. Fucking dim on his part. He was always gonna get rumbled. He may have made decent money in the short term but the end game was always gonna be jail so why bother?


I suspect desperation or then again stupidity

Agreed. He doesn't sound like the brightest lightsaber in the armoury.

Richard_H
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 6692
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:55 am
Location: Gateshead UK

Re: Theft at Rancho Obi-Wan

Postby Richard_H » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:33 pm

Carl is certainly not a stupid guy. That smells of mental illness or desperation to me.
Co-host, co-creator, director and stud of SW The Vintage Rebellion podcast
https://www.facebook.com/thevintagerebellion

Check out my interview on http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com/co ... ka-cc4rhu/

User avatar
wrighty
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1400
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:40 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Theft at Rancho Obi-Wan

Postby wrighty » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:02 am

Here is the list of items still missing!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1831
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:43 pm

Re: Theft at Rancho Obi-Wan

Postby Mini99 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:49 am

How would you get some of those Lego sets out without anyone noticing :?:
MOCs I can sort of understand, just don't see how this happened with the size of the Lego boxes.

User avatar
theforceuk
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 4772
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Theft at Rancho Obi-Wan

Postby theforceuk » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:11 am

Sounds like he was trusted to be their on his own to me, I would have though they would have CCTV footage?
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

User avatar
wrighty
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1400
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:40 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Theft at Rancho Obi-Wan

Postby wrighty » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:42 am


User avatar
MarkG
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 788
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:31 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: Theft at Rancho Obi-Wan

Postby MarkG » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:17 pm

Mini99 wrote:How would you get some of those Lego sets out without anyone noticing :?:
MOCs I can sort of understand, just don't see how this happened with the size of the Lego boxes.


I was about to type the exact same thing... how these where taken without anyone noticing is a complete mystery.. surely they would have left a big gap on a shelf too.

Sounds like the guy tried his luck with a few bits.. then got brave and went for larger sized items..

By the looks of the other items they could be hard to track down. A fair amount of those mocs are out there so unless graded with a ref number they will probably never be found.

Hope the guy gets a severe sentence.
Wanted - Instruction sheets and Stormtrooper cardbacks preferably....
Lili Ledy Boxed Speeder Bike

User avatar
tiefighterboy
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 11145
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:42 pm
Location: Michigan USA

Re: Theft at Rancho Obi-Wan

Postby tiefighterboy » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:54 pm

The thing that always puzzled me about his collection is that he has everything on these cheap steel garage shelves wide open. Anyone could walk by a grab something as he has it open for tours.

Dannywhiteley
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee
Posts: 487
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:50 pm

Re: Theft at Rancho Obi-Wan

Postby Dannywhiteley » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:28 pm

This stuff was taken from storage so not noticed for a good 18 months and only then when offered for sale, ie not a glaring gap on the shelves.


Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests