weapon pickups genuine?

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
I have picked up a few more accessories and as alway concerned about reproduction items.

The brown yoda snake is more rubbery and flexible than my orange snake.

I have checked on tig and have my own ideas just wanted the forums experience with these things.

Cheers guys

Attachments

• WP_20170618_12_24_08_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170618_12_24_08_Pro.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 484

Russ J

Jedi Master
I'm no expert in vintage weather its figures or weaponary but going by my weapons/accessories that i have (i've had all my vintage since i were a kid as they are all my childhood toys so i no absolute that mine are all original pieces)....my brown Yoda snake feels more supple and softer than my orange Yoda snake which in turn that feels quiet a bit 'stiffer' for want of a better word

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
It's hard to tell from just a single photo, but my first impression is that the saber, snake and belt look fine. The left-hand blaster may also be fine, but without a better close-up photo it's very hard to be sure. The colour is OK as Luke Jedi / Palace blasters do indeed come in at least two different shades of grey / brown, however the one on the left looks a little smaller than the one on the right (although this may simply be a perspective effect with the photo). The handle also looks a little damaged / chewed, plus the photo size makes distinguishing the cross-hatch pattern on the handle very difficult here. Does it have the raised bump on the shaft just before the barrel narrows? If not, it's almost certainly a repro. If it does, and if the handle also has the cross-hatching, then I'd say it's probably fine.

The right-hand blaster may also be fine, but again, a better close-up photo would really help here. Again, does it have the raised bump? I can't tell from your photo.

As for the rest, the lightsaber looks OK, the brown snake should indeed be rubbery and Yoda's belt also looks fine.

Hope that helps :)

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
Thanks I have added a picture hopefully its a little clearer of the blasters. There is a raised bump on both.

Cheers

Attachments

• WP_20170618_11_06_57_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170618_11_06_57_Pro.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 437

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Well, the page to check them against is this one:

http://www.imperialgunnery.com/palaceblasters.htm

The lighter grey one (on the right) certainly looks OK to me, but the brown / grey one on the left seems to have a slightly odd-looking front to the scope on top of the gun. Your one looks domed rather than a smaller cylinder extending from the one behind it, like on the light grey one. It may of course simply be a factory moulding issue and nothing to worry about, but given the number of repro weapons around, it can be really hard to be certain, especially when dealing with photos and not having the actual weapons in hand. It's good that they both have the small bump, but if you are able to compare them in hand to known genuine ones of the same V numbers, even better.

Having said all that, if both of these pass the float and drop tests, then if they were mine, I'd probably be inclined to believe they were real unless a forum expert advises otherwise.

:)

xbomber

Padawan
These all look fine. Brown snake is always more rubbery, no doughnut on the saber and good definition on the palace blasters and presumably they float? I'd be happy with those.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom