Header image

That second the guy next to you at work says "I've got some old figures I don't want"

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Clarkspie&chips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: That second the guy next to you at work says "I've got some old figures I don't want"

Postby Clarkspie&chips » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:52 pm

pizzathehutt wrote:They are still going but have moved from surrey to Bournemouth https://www.modellersloft.co.uk/

He still had some stuff for sale when I went in last year. It was a bit pricey which you sort of expect for a high street shop but it was a shame to see the micro collection stuff so faded where it had been sat in the window so long.

Mini99
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: That second the guy next to you at work says "I've got some old figures I don't want"

Postby Mini99 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:45 pm

Thanks for the information and link.
Just remembered that one of them was into Action Man, seems that's their main business now.
Very little vintage on the website, shop looks good though.

ODB
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby ODB » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:06 pm

Mini99 wrote:Thanks for the information and link.
Just remembered that one of them was into Action Man, seems that's their main business now.
Very little vintage on the website, shop looks good though.

The owner Alan Hall was/is the developer of the 40th Anniversary line of Action Man, so thats their main focus. They used to have decent stock of quite a few lines but its all now quite depleted. He does have a lot of repro stuff so just make sure you know what you are buying.
Beyond Good, Beyond Evil, Beyond Your Wildest Imagination.........

Mini99
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Mini99 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:05 pm

Yes, I saw that they sell repo on their website on the link above, advoid now I think.
The pictures of the shop show mainly Action Man which as you say is their main focus now, very little vintage, when I stopped collecting I think that they only had very little SW and more and more AM.
Shame, I bought quite a few MOCs from them years ago, always had a good display and would do a deal.
All good things come to an end.. :roll:

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:24 pm

I would also not say no. Funny that a few weeks ago a seller was here at my job with a contract for me. Then we talked and talked about hobbies and I told him about star wars. He told me he also had star wars from his childhood in the 80s at the loft and that I could have it for free if I wanted it. So I said yes. But I have still not received and I also don't think I will get it before I get it.

Robstyley
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Robstyley » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:42 pm

Mini99 wrote:
pizzathehutt wrote:I had he opposite or extreme I guess

the company I joined in 2004 the warehouse manager had a boxed at-at under his desk :shock:

he lived right near the modellers loft in caterham and had built up a complete loose run and was now buying boxed ships and playsets

I eventually bought the loose from him as he wanted to fund a new motorbike

You remember the Modellers loft, I used to buy a lot from this guy at fairs in the late 90's, ( Cheshunt, Basildon, Crawley) before I stopped collecting about 2001, do you know what happened to them?
I have tried in vain to find out, just intrested really.

I used to go to the modellers loft around 2008-2010, I lived up the road in Bletchingley. That was a cool shop. They had quite a lot of Vintage and shit loads of modern. I bought a few things in there. I popped in their shop in Bournemouth a couple of years ago, it was a lot smaller and had a lot less Star Wars. They did have a boxed 12 inch IG-88 for £275 which was nice but even then was a bit too much for me.

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lejackal » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:39 am

weasel wrote:
lejackal wrote:Image

On the rare occasions that has happened to me they have been half dog chewed barely recognisable as vintage, or even worse..........modern. Then the guy looks at you like you should b eternally grateful.

got them today, monumentally fucked but they are vintage and free :mrgreen:

Stubbs
Regular
Regular

Postby Stubbs » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:11 am

Get some photo's up for us.

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lejackal » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:40 am

In all their glory :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pizzathehutt
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby pizzathehutt » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:01 pm

very cool! and nice Anakin

who are the two non sw figures?
'Nutch Vader! Teeblo Carbon'

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lejackal » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:14 pm

pizzathehutt wrote:very cool! and nice Anakin

who are the two non sw figures?

The one in the bottom pic is Rattler from the A Team bad guys MOC and the other one is Talon for on the Tonka Steel Monsters line (according to Google)

Stubbs
Regular
Regular

Postby Stubbs » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:55 pm

Cool stuff if be well happy if someone was like here have some star wars figure.

x-pack
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby x-pack » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:58 am

Good score. A find in the wild beats trawling through eBay or the fb forums hands down. Old school

weasel
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby weasel » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:44 am

For free they are pretty good. I was expecting a lot worse.
"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!"

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”