That second the guy next to you at work says "I've got some old figures I don't want"

lejackal

Grand Master
giphy.gif

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
I had he opposite or extreme I guess

the company I joined in 2004 the warehouse manager had a boxed at-at under his desk :shock:

he lived right near the modellers loft in caterham and had built up a complete loose run and was now buying boxed ships and playsets

I eventually bought the loose from him as he wanted to fund a new motorbike

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
pizzathehutt said:

the company I joined in 2004 the warehouse manager had a boxed at-at under his desk :shock:

he lived right near the modellers loft in caterham and had built up a complete loose run and was now buying boxed ships and playsets

You remember the Modellers loft, I used to buy a lot from this guy at fairs in the late 90's, ( Cheshunt, Basildon, Crawley) before I stopped collecting about 2001, do you know what happened to them?
I have tried in vain to find out, just intrested really.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
lejackal said:

On the rare occasions that has happened to me they have been half dog chewed barely recognisable as vintage, or even worse..........modern. Then the guy looks at you like you should b eternally grateful.

lejackal

Grand Master
weasel said:
lejackal said:

On the rare occasions that has happened to me they have been half dog chewed barely recognisable as vintage, or even worse..........modern. Then the guy looks at you like you should b eternally grateful.
He has said they are well played with so I fully expect them all to go into the boys fledgling collection

Awl Skulkerkey

Padawan
SAVORY100 said:
Oh yes!!! :D

I usually get the 'cliche comment', you know the one that goes something like
"Aw yeah I used to have all of the Star Wars back in the 80's but my Mum gave them to charity"

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    191.5 KB · Views: 672

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
pizzathehutt said:

You remember the Modellers loft, I used to buy a lot from this guy at fairs in the late 90's, ( Cheshunt, Basildon, Crawley) before I stopped collecting about 2001, do you know what happened to them?
I have tried in vain to find out, just intrested really.

They are still going but have moved from surrey to Bournemouth https://www.modellersloft.co.uk/

I bought some great stuff from there not long before they closed the caterham shop, can remember getting a nice loose landspeeder, carded b-wing pilot with coin and about 15 loose mint figures for about £75

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
pizzathehutt said:
They are still going but have moved from surrey to Bournemouth https://www.modellersloft.co.uk/

He still had some stuff for sale when I went in last year. It was a bit pricey which you sort of expect for a high street shop but it was a shame to see the micro collection stuff so faded where it had been sat in the window so long.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Thanks for the information and link.
Just remembered that one of them was into Action Man, seems that's their main business now.
Very little vintage on the website, shop looks good though.

ODB

Jedi Master
Mini99 said:
Thanks for the information and link.
Just remembered that one of them was into Action Man, seems that's their main business now.
Very little vintage on the website, shop looks good though.

The owner Alan Hall was/is the developer of the 40th Anniversary line of Action Man, so thats their main focus. They used to have decent stock of quite a few lines but its all now quite depleted. He does have a lot of repro stuff so just make sure you know what you are buying.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Yes, I saw that they sell repo on their website on the link above, advoid now I think.
The pictures of the shop show mainly Action Man which as you say is their main focus now, very little vintage, when I stopped collecting I think that they only had very little SW and more and more AM.
Shame, I bought quite a few MOCs from them years ago, always had a good display and would do a deal.
All good things come to an end.. :roll:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I would also not say no. Funny that a few weeks ago a seller was here at my job with a contract for me. Then we talked and talked about hobbies and I told him about star wars. He told me he also had star wars from his childhood in the 80s at the loft and that I could have it for free if I wanted it. So I said yes. But I have still not received and I also don't think I will get it before I get it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom