Neville Chadwick Photography

spoons

Grand Master
Neville Chadwick is based in Leicestershire and did a lot of the promotional Palitoy photographs back in the day. A recent tour of Neville Chadwick's studio by the chap that runs the Action Man forum has resulted in some of the palitoy photos coming to light, copies of which will be sold on ebay depending on demand.

Its a shame they have only posted these SW images so far, but depending on how these sell more should appear.

interesting pics nonetheless

nevchadwickfalcon2.jpg
nevchadwickfalcon1.jpg

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Those are brilliant. Given how little has survived of Palitoy's archives this is, relatively speaking, gold.

Are they listed ATM, Andy? I hope they're not going to charge the earth for them. I wouldn't mind a set of large prints of whatever they produce.

Thanks for sharing that.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Really like the factory shot, hope there are more like that.
And again hope that they aren't going to be a silly price.

spoons

Grand Master
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Those are brilliant. Given how little has survived of Palitoy's archives this is, relatively speaking, gold.

Are they listed ATM, Andy? I hope they're not going to charge the earth for them. I wouldn't mind a set of large prints of whatever they produce.

Thanks for sharing that.

Here you go

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Toys-Games/220/m.html?item=161972325146&hash=item25b64d8b1a%3Am%3AmAy4VpkB0kLl_8m6ywGZ1Qg&var=&_ssn=neville6583&_sac=1

Sorry mini, already seems to be a SW tax :cry:

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
They listed the Action Force ones a few months back. A few chaps in that hobby got together and negotiated a better deal.. might be something you chaps could do if you got enough together... as always it will need one person to do the deal and accrue the money etc. but based on the AF deal, I would guess there is a deal to be done.

For me, they're cool to see, but just reproductions from a negative, so not that special... he isn't interested in selling the negs/transparencies on to a collector either apparently as he can bash these out for as long as anyone wants a copy.

spoons

Grand Master
SAVORY100 said:
They listed the Action Force ones a few months back. A few chaps in that hobby got together and negotiated a better deal.. might be something you chaps could do if you got enough together... as always it will need one person to do the deal and accrue the money etc. but based on the AF deal, I would guess there is a deal to be done.

For me, they're cool to seel, but just reproductions from a negative, so not that special... he isn't interested in selling the negs/transparencies on to a collector either apparently as he can bash these out for as long as anyone wants a copy.

Works for Kim Simmons though Steve, there is certainly a market for prints of old images. I bought some of Kim's but would have to be the right pic to justify £25

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
spoons said:
SAVORY100 said:

For me, they're cool to see, but just reproductions from a negative, so not that special... he isn't interested in selling the negs/transparencies on to a collector either apparently as he can bash these out for as long as anyone wants a copy.

Works for Kim Simmons though Steve, there is certainly a market for prints of old images. I bought some of Kim's but would have to be the right pic to justify £25

Absolutely, a very fair point. I personally have a signed Kim Simmonds image. I do think the images are cool, but to me they're a bit high priced. On the other hand, my brother bought a full set of every AF image they had.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
spoons said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:

Thanks for sharing that.

Here you go

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Toys-Games/220/m.html?item=161972325146&hash=item25b64d8b1a%3Am%3AmAy4VpkB0kLl_8m6ywGZ1Qg&var=&_ssn=neville6583&_sac=1

Sorry mini, already seems to be a SW tax :cry:

I'm not surprised, after all it's Star Wars :roll:

spoons

Grand Master
Can't blame any of them for cashing in. I think Chadwick saw all his old photos selling on Vectis and wanted a piece of the action

I suspect that the vectis buyers wish that they'd waited :)

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Ouch. £25 for a pair of prints is too much, I think. OK, so what can you get for £25 these days? A weaponless Jawa. But these are just prints like you say, Steve. And Kim's stuff is somewhat more iconic, I'd say, so justifies a higher price tag, although they're still more than I'm willing to go to.

Each to their own and these will sit nicely in someone's collection. I'd never criticise anyone for buying these as they really are nice things, but I see them at £10-£15 the pair rather than £25.

subzero

Sith Lord
I might have bought them if the price was right but i'm afraid I prob never will anyway because the factory one reminds me of work lmao!

Not something I want on my wall. :evil:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom