THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 37 LAUNCHED

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
episode 37 fb.jpg

If you thought last month's podcast was different, wait until you hear this one!

There are a few special one off changes, but we are not going to give away anymore than that.

Rich brings us an exciting, nay, game changing update on something which was hypothesised last month.

Rich is joined by a plethora of guests with Josh Blake and Bill Wills kicking it all off discussing a little known droids factory mockup.  This is closely followed by Stephen Danley talking about his new website, facebook group and podcast as we discuss, Star Wars at the movies.  We join Jamie Brown for a quick GW Acrylic update, but wrap up discussing the chances of a new fake in the hobby.

Jez hosts yet another ram jammed New Acquisitions section with items ranging from $1 figures and car boot sale finds to extremely rare Hungarian carded Fetts and Uzay ERGs.  There is discussion about an amazing line up of Die Cast Landspeeders and the crew have a huge nostalgia #hit with some special vintage items, and the lads take a look at Darth Vaders Star Destroyer.

This month Richard is hit with the Rapid Fire questions and is truly called out as a MOC collector.

Join us and our 7 guests for what may be the biggest temporary shakeup since George Lucas dropped the revenge title in 1982!

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
I'm really looking forward to this as I only discovered the podcast a few months ago and have been catching up listening to them all. Great job really entertaining and informative. Makes my working day go bye a lot quicker and something to look forward to.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Well done guys! Another great episode... really enjoyed the star destroyer playset debate, might have to get mine off the shelf for another proper look!

It always pays to listen to the very end too #nostalgiahit :wink: :lol:

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Thanks for another great show in spite of the smaller line-up.

I loved the Star Destroyer and I specifically asked for it one Christmas. It's a playset with a light-up Vader Chamber, for God sakes - what's not to love? I'll concede that some of the sundry items are cobblers such as the orange rectangle posing as the Emperor, or 'Grand Vizier' if the instructions are to be believed. But with it having the illuminated meditation chamber, the added features could be two giant rabbit ears and I'd have loved it. And, yeah, I did put an Imperial Commander in the lower bit and have him gripe about the bounty hunters upstairs. As a bonus on the Palitoy version, the cardboard inserts had two clear figure stands sellotaped on which I only noticed on Boxing Day while tidying up.

The playset I wasn't interested in was the Imperial Attack Base. I had and have one quibble with this toy: what is it?

spoons

Grand Master
An enjoyable show and with regular sections missing i was amazed there was enough to keep you going for the duration. I was initially a bit skeptical of the new format, but by the end of four hours it was like nothing had changed. Mark and Scott were like old friends - great job guys!

Richard_H

Grand Master
Thanks guys awesome feedback. We were worried about what to do but had some great interviews to help us. Thankfully Marc and Scott were awesome and got into their stride around the 6 hour mark or so.

yodasaz15

Youngling
Yet again another awesome episode :D so enjoyable to listen to you guys, the muff part last month had me laughing out loud which isn't a good thing when I'm listening whilst at work Sat at desk in an office - can you make them less funny- only joking it's a fab way to spend 4-5 hours a month!

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Great show as ever guys, Grant and Stu were missed but Mark and Scott stepped in very ably and the new faces and twists to the format worked well. Rich, you asked for feedback on the future for the show - I have to say I always enjoyed the quiz or game show pieces, good for a laugh and a chance to play along and see how I compare with the team. It would be good to see those continue. But otherwise the main feedback is keep up the good work, the banter is excellent and really makes this seem less like a podcast and more like a chat with old friends. Looking forward to the next one.

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Richard_H said:
Thanks guys awesome feedback. We were worried about what to do but had some great interviews to help us. Thankfully Marc and Scott were awesome and got into their stride around the 6 hour mark or so.

Me and Marc were just getting warmed up as the recording ended! That said It was after midnight. Thanks for the kind words. Thoroughly enjoyed it, great experience. Would definitely recommend it.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Enjoyed it as usual. I feared the worst when it started with just Rich and Jez, I thought Grant and Stu had left too! But the guest hosts did a good job.

I do have one bit of feedback, a couple of the music clips were far too loud. The "only you can decide..." bit at the end is always too loud so I'm used to turning it down at the end waiting for that, but a few others were this month too. Just a minor criticism as I value my ear drums :lol:

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Just got back from a long drive - you guys make the M25 a better place!

Nice show, obviously different from the normal but that's no bad thing once in a while. Thanks so much to Rich and Jamie for even slipping in a little mention of May The Toys Be With You at Torquay, well appreciated.

Mark and Scott were good guest hosts and I had a chuckle during the Star Destroyer discussion about the lack of windows, and Mark's rumination of "Dengar missed the meeting".

Nice to also listen in on the discovery about the proposed sound clips inside Slave-1, who knew?!

Jez

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
Enjoyed it as usual. I feared the worst when it started with just Rich and Jez, I thought Grant and Stu had left too! But the guest hosts did a good job.

I do have one bit of feedback, a couple of the music clips were far too loud. The "only you can decide..." bit at the end is always too loud so I'm used to turning it down at the end waiting for that, but a few others were this month too. Just a minor criticism as I value my ear drums :lol:

Will definitely work on the volumes Edd, thanks for the feedback mate. Half the guys, twice the editing, was always gonna be a toughie. Simple things like that are annoying though. We're delighted that our guests were so well received.

AndyPreston said:
Great show as ever guys, Grant and Stu were missed but Mark and Scott stepped in very ably and the new faces and twists to the format worked well. Rich, you asked for feedback on the future for the show - I have to say I always enjoyed the quiz or game show pieces, good for a laugh and a chance to play along and see how I compare with the team. It would be good to see those continue. But otherwise the main feedback is keep up the good work, the banter is excellent and really makes this seem less like a podcast and more like a chat with old friends. Looking forward to the next one.

Andy thank you so much. We are already well into the workings of the July one and have listened to the feedback and will definitely be trying to add a quiz/game show type affair. I'm so glad that Marc and Scott hit the mark. I knew they would!

yodasaz15 said:
Yet again another awesome episode :D so enjoyable to listen to you guys, the muff part last month had me laughing out loud which isn't a good thing when I'm listening whilst at work Sat at desk in an office - can you make them less funny- only joking it's a fab way to spend 4-5 hours a month!

It totally is a Muff. You all agree. Thanks for being such a loyal listener.

spoons said:
An enjoyable show and with regular sections missing i was amazed there was enough to keep you going for the duration. I was initially a bit skeptical of the new format, but by the end of four hours it was like nothing had changed. Mark and Scott were like old friends - great job guys!

Thanks dude, yeah Scott and Marc did us and themselves proud. It was nearly 25% longer but we simply ran out of time to edit BTT. It's an awesome interview which will get added for either July or August (or split over both), a really great BTT waiting in the wings!

chipsteak said:
Thanks for another great show in spite of the smaller line-up.

I loved the Star Destroyer and I specifically asked for it one Christmas. It's a playset with a light-up Vader Chamber, for God sakes - what's not to love? I'll concede that some of the sundry items are cobblers such as the orange rectangle posing as the Emperor, or 'Grand Vizier' if the instructions are to be believed. But with it having the illuminated meditation chamber, the added features could be two giant rabbit ears and I'd have loved it. And, yeah, I did put an Imperial Commander in the lower bit and have him gripe about the bounty hunters upstairs. As a bonus on the Palitoy version, the cardboard inserts had two clear figure stands sellotaped on which I only noticed on Boxing Day while tidying up.

The playset I wasn't interested in was the Imperial Attack Base. I had and have one quibble with this toy: what is it?

Great, comment. I had no idea about the figure stands!

SAVORY100 said:
Well done guys! Another great episode... really enjoyed the star destroyer playset debate, might have to get mine off the shelf for another proper look!

It always pays to listen to the very end too #nostalgiahit :wink: :lol:

Nostalgia #hit! :lol: Thanks for the feedback Steve. The Star Destroyer is a far better toy than i once assumed.

Stubbs said:
I'm really looking forward to this as I only discovered the podcast a few months ago and have been catching up listening to them all. Great job really entertaining and informative. Makes my working day go bye a lot quicker and something to look forward to.

Great to have you on board. Thanks for listening.

palitoyjunky said:
The Slave 1 discovery is amazing :shock: 8)

Well done on going ahead with the show Rich & Jez :D

Delighted with the Slave 1 discovery. Chris' explanation of him listening during his car journey home and the subsequent fact finding was really cool.
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
Mark and Scott were good guest hosts and I had a chuckle during the Star Destroyer discussion about the lack of windows, and Mark's rumination of "Dengar missed the meeting".

Nice to also listen in on the discovery about the proposed sound clips inside Slave-1, who knew?!

Thanks very much for the feedback. It seems that everyone likes the Slave 1 discovery!

Guys thanks very much for your continued support and loyalty.

We really debated if we would be able to produce one this month due to Stu and Claire's family expanding distractions and Grant being away. We were worried that we'd lose some of the TVR formula that appears to work for our listeners. However if we skipped a month would it really matter? Having said that we all enjoy producing these podcasts so much, so it wasn't long before Rich and I were hatching a plan to come up with a slightly different show.

Richard bless him had actually declared May/June/July as really busy months as a teacher (exam marking etc) and had asked if he could have a slightly lighter couple of months, so the fact that he jumped on board with this is a testament to his dedication as a collector and podcaster.

Episode 38 (the 42nd podcast) is already in pre production stages and will hopefully be launched closer to the usual release date.

Thanks for your continued support :D

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
Another outstanding show guys! RIchard and Jez did a great job steering the ship this month with some great content and guests.

I about fell out of my chair when I heard the drop in interview with Chris Fawcett about Slave One's intended electronics. How amazing would that have been? I would love to find out what technology they would have used.

Loved hearing about Jez's road trip and coming across 3 Yak Faces! I can only imagine how exciting that must have been.

Great NA segment and of course I was excited to hear the discussion about the VHS and Betamax rental copies I recently picked up. Can you imagine paying $80 for a movie now days? For fun I went online and found an inflation calculator and an item that cost $80 back in 1982 would be over $200 today! Ouch!

Anyway, thanks so much putting together outstanding shows each and every month. The content is top notch (I learn something new every episode), the guests are great and most of all the chemistry, banter and humor puts a smile on my face. It is obvious you guys love the hobby and prove that it's not just about the money. To me, Star Wars is about nostalgia, the history and keeping those great childhood memories alive. Keep up the great work fellas!

Jason Langendorfer (aka Seahawks)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom