Header image

What's your most nostalgic piece?

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
yoda
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: What's your most nostalgic piece?

Postby yoda » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:45 pm

It's the Falcon for me the first and only ship I ever owned. One Xmas after my mum had a local bingo win a few weeks before. I'll never forget it waking up on Xmas day a boxed millennium Falcon with 7 figures!
Arf arf arf... That's my other dog imitation. ~Sgt. Oddball.
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.~Vernon Law~
,,~Good head is the key to relivement~Unsure.

Cymonguk
Regular
Regular

Postby Cymonguk » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:25 am

Slave 1, it was the only large ship I got brand new. I picked up a lot of stuff later as people sold it off in about 1984-85, I remember buying a whole box of stuff from a lad near me for £20 including a Falcon, etc.

I must have played with it for hours, it looked cool, and it had Boba Fett who was a great imaginative figure (he had rockets, arm launchers, a flamethrower, etc). It also had the carbonite han for added coolness. It is no surprise I bought it as my first vintage ship! Just hoping to pick up a box now.

pizzathehutt
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby pizzathehutt » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:51 am

so much to choose from,

Pop-up r2 and boba were the figures i played with the most.

I really liked the jabba playset especially the detail of rats and bones inside the throne.
'Nutch Vader! Teeblo Carbon'

Born Too Late
New User
New User

Postby Born Too Late » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:02 pm

I had a brief hiatus from collecting and the forum while we had a child and now catching up on a lot of SWFUK posts.

My most nostalgic has got to be the Rebel Transport ship, it's one of only two from my childhood collection I remember being given. My Dad and I were in Peter Jones in Wickford and I grabbed it off the shelf moments before another boy could reach it, I remember he cried :(

The only other one I remember receiving was the Ewok Village and my Gran saying how expensive it was for a pile of plastic!

subzero
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby subzero » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:57 pm

Born Too Late wrote:I grabbed it off the shelf moments before another boy could reach it, I remember he cried :(

Winner, what a result! :twisted:
Chavs are easily startled, but they will soon be back, and in greater numbers

Tony jedi
New User
New User

Postby Tony jedi » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:02 am

Well my first ever star wars figure was R2 D2 Pali 12 back. My first ever vehicle was Darths TIE Fighter. Happy memories. I have now since got a loose but near mint R2 and a boxed complete Darths TIE but the box is second version sadly.
"As you wish"

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”