As described or not?

Awl Skulkerkey

Padawan
Hi all. Wanted a second opinion if I may? Won some figures at SW 40th Vectis Auction recently. It has been brought to my attention that their descriptions can be a bit vague? The lot I won said split bubble but when it arrived it was more than just a split with a large hole to top of bubble and more to concern me including:-

IS IT A RESEAL?
IS IT A TT?

Please see photos. Any advice welcome and am I worthy of a partial refund!
Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    121.3 KB · Views: 977
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    112.3 KB · Views: 981
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    80.9 KB · Views: 980
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    82.9 KB · Views: 974
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    88.7 KB · Views: 979

subzero

Sith Lord
I'm nowhere near as knowledgeable as most others on here, but my guess is it won't be a TT because the bubble yellowing shows it's been displayed out in daylight for a good few years, I think if it's a TT then the bubble would be a lot more clear & new looking?.. but someone here should defo confirm this for you or if this figure is on the TT list or not..

As it has the correct waffle pattern all the way around the bubble I also wouldn't say it's a full reseal, it could however be possible that the bubble has previously lifted partially away tearing the paper off with it, and then somebody could have re-glued that back down with the paper to 'repair' it, meaning the waffle pattern will still be seen. But tbh it looks good to me.

That's just my view, but as for the bubble 'split'.. hell no :( if that was me personally i'd be wanting half my money back or be sending it back for a full refund, just too much damage there to be called a 'split'.. I think if bidders seen the extent of that it wouldn't have ended close to what it sold for.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Not a re-seal and not a TT IMO but there are far more clued up fellas when it comes to MOC's than me. But I would say it looks ok, other than the cracked bubble.

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
The seal looks good to me and it's definitely not a TT as it's a Kenner card.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Agree, it's not a reseal and it's not a Tony. It's whether you feel the description of the split bubble is inaccurate. This is why you should always ask for additional photos if you can't see the damage in the photos provided. Apart from the bubble damage it is very nice, unpunched mint card. How much did you pay in total?

lejackal

Grand Master
That's fine, maybe a bit of a stretch to just say cracked but this would very much come under buyer beware

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Well, I wouldn't be happy receiving that after the description merely said 'split bubble'. That bubble is not just split, it's cracked and holed, which is a whole higher level of damage. I recommend complaining to Vectis, as I hear they are quite good at issuing partial refunds when their descriptions aren't up to scratch, and in this instance I'd say you have a strong case. Good luck!

Awl Skulkerkey

Padawan
Robstyley said:
Agree, it's not a reseal and it's not a Tony. It's whether you feel the description of the split bubble is inaccurate. This is why you should always ask for additional photos if you can't see the damage in the photos provided. Apart from the bubble damage it is very nice, unpunched mint card. How much did you pay in total?

Got with a Klaatu and a Ree Yees as a job lot. Ree Yees is backless but I knew that. They were £90 altogether plus fees/p&p

subzero

Sith Lord
Awl Skulkerkey said:
Robstyley said:

Got with a Klaatu and a Ree Yees as a job lot. Ree Yees is backless but I knew that. They were £90 altogether plus fees/p&p

Considering you've got all 3 for £30 each, and you get just say a £15 partial refund then effectively you'd have bought Leia for £15, i'd say that would be a pretty sweet deal to be happy with even with that bubble damage.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Awl Skulkerkey said:
Robstyley said:

How much did you pay in total? I don't do Vectis, wouldn't know if fees and p&p were 10 quid or 50?! Haven't seen the condition of the other two but it sounds like you did ok. Regardless of price as others say if it's not as described it's not as described.

r5-d4cus

Padawan
I'm in a similar situation, got a lot that was not really as described. I've had a chat with a couple of people, hoping to get a resolution on Monday. I'd recommend contacting them, they are friendly and the guy I spoke to on Friday is a collector himself so they are understanding, although certainly in my case they stand by their lot description and said for future reference if buying anything in condition good or worse expect some issues with an item.

Fees are generally 20%, postage will vary but I got one moc sent and it was about a tenner.

Awl Skulkerkey

Padawan
Got with a Klaatu and a Ree Yees as a job lot. Ree Yees is backless but I knew that. They were £90 altogether plus fees/p&p[/quote]

How much did you pay in total? I don't do Vectis, wouldn't know if fees and p&p were 10 quid or 50?! Haven't seen the condition of the other two but it sounds like you did ok. Regardless of price as others say if it's not as described it's not as described.[/quote]

So £90 + 24% fees + p&p = approx £123 altogether. I don't like to dwell on the cost too much as it's always great to get a good price I'm not in it for the money. Just loving the nostalgia and beauty of it all! :wink:

Awl Skulkerkey

Padawan
Robstyley said:
Awl Skulkerkey said:
Robstyley said:

How much did you pay in total? I don't do Vectis, wouldn't know if fees and p&p were 10 quid or 50?! Haven't seen the condition of the other two but it sounds like you did ok. Regardless of price as others say if it's not as described it's not as described.

So £90 + 24% fees + p&p = approx £123 altogether. I don't like to dwell on the cost too much as it's always great to get a good price I'm not in it for the money. Just loving the nostalgia and beauty of it all! :wink:

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Awl Skulkerkey said:
Robstyley said:
Awl Skulkerkey said:

Yeah of course, I was just curious as to what you paid in regard to whether what you received was worth that much. Hey if you're happy with it great, if you can't live with the hole and think it misdescribed return it for a refund. Good attitude fella, nice to see newer members in it for the right reasons :)

jared007

Padawan
It's possible it was damaged further in the mail as it made its way out to you. So description *may* have been accurate at the time.

AllThings80s

Youngling
That's way more than just a crack. I'd be really pissed if it was me and send it back out of principle.
Not only did they make you wait ages to receive it after they instantly took your money out of your bank account, but to then receive something like that after being made to wait all that time... shocking. If they had described it as, 'multiple cracks to the bubble,' then yes, fair enough, but to just simply list it as, 'split bubble.' Unforgiveable. The only way for this company to progress is if it stops with the half-arsed listing descriptions and front and back pictures only. The excuse of being too busy to make the effort is a very poor one indeed. None of us would accept this type of service if it was from an eBay seller, so why should we from people that are clearly making a lot of money out of us?

Awl Skulkerkey

Padawan
AllThings80s said:
That's way more than just a crack. I'd be really pissed if it was me and send it back out of principle.
Not only did they make you wait ages to receive it after they instantly took your money out of your bank account, but to then receive something like that after being made to wait all that time... shocking. If they had described it as, 'multiple cracks to the bubble,' then yes, fair enough, but to just simply list it as, 'split bubble.' Unforgiveable. The only way for this company to progress is if it stops with the half-arsed listing descriptions and front and back pictures only. The excuse of being too busy to make the effort is a very poor one indeed. None of us would accept this type of service if it was from an eBay seller, so why should we from people that are clearly making a lot of money out of us?

Yes couldn't agree more. I won't be buying from Vectis again although I'm sure there are other amazing Auction sites out there. If their excuse is it's because they're too busy then that's not good enough - hire more staff! I wouldn't say to my boss that the readon it's poor standard goods is because I'm too busy!? When I list on Ebay I'm so detailed with description because I don't want negative feedback? If Vectis are trying to hoodwink bidders by being 'vague' then they'll only end up with a bad reputation. I emailed them and am awaiting a reply next week

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom