Don't buy this Luke Jedi figure!

subzero

Sith Lord
Just a heads up for potential buyers. So I bought & paid for this last night assuming the weapons were genuine due to 'repro' not being mentioned anywhere, took another closer look afterwards at the blurry pics and noticed the blaster actually looks a little blue instead of dark grey, and the lightsaber looked a little too shiny to be not painted.

So I asked if they're repro's just to double check before they post it and all I got back was "I don't know"... so I asked for some close-up clear pics to be emailed and this is what I got ( pics attached ). Yep straight away defo both repro's and fully explained this to the seller, and then got a full refund immediately. However the seller relisted it still without mentioning repro anywhere, i'm not sure they're purposely trying to scam anyone, I just think they're clueless about these figures and ignorant about the importance of collectors needing to know if they're repro weapons or not.

Just thought i'd post this in case someone buys it, here is the listing...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vintage-star-wars-luke-skywalker-jedi-with-blue-light-sabre-figure-/253038741525?hash=item3aea48c815:g:xIUAAOSwRvdZY4uH

Attachments

• 1_phixr.jpg
    1_phixr.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 310
  • 2_phixr.jpg
    2_phixr.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 308

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
The listing mentions repro now.
Saber looks terrible with a join running all of the length.
Also the hilt looks way off, the three dots should be flat on top almost as if the recess has been machined out.

subzero

Sith Lord
Ah right I see, my bad, they relisted it last night without updating the description, but they've just revised it a couple of hours ago :lol:

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Good to know but the repro parts r piss poor and will stand out a mile to the trained eye, however that doesn't make it fair to the collector in the infancy of experience :!:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom