Can anyone recommend a UK based bespoke action figure display cabinet maker?

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Hi guys,

Can anyone recommend a UK based bespoke action figure display cabinet maker? My figures have been tucked away out of harms way for far too long and I'm itching to get them out on display.

I'm not really a massive fan of the generic wall to ceiling cabinets and my collection is not really big enough anyway, so I'd set my heart on a bespoke cabinet. The ones I really like the look of are done by http://www.figuredisplay.com but the price is quite hefty and they don't ship to the UK. Storage and shipping fees make the cabinet too expensive.

So I opted to buy one of the display cabinet graphic kits and get it custom built in the UK. So I'm looking for a tangible recommendation for a reasonably priced, reliable UK based cabinet maker that I can look at previous work done, read reviews and ensure my money is safe and well spent.

The type of cabinet I mean can be seen in the photos below.

Any suggestions?

Cheers Jay

Attachments

• IMG_5186.JPG
    IMG_5186.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 2,103
  • IMG_0251.JPG
    IMG_0251.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 2,053
  • IMG_0252.JPG
    IMG_0252.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 2,049

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
I'd recommend Matt Volpato, I don't know if he is on any forum but he is on facebook through the group 'Star Wars Displays'. Does lots of nice displays for vintage figures at affordable prices.

Th3M4ster

Youngling
Hi,

Sorry to bring back a very old thread but I'm on the verge of doing some high quality display cabinets and currently looking to gauge an interest at the moment.

They are very modular in design and can be various colours or finishes. You can even add your own decals like I've used in the example images of figure display.

The size of this one is 80cm x 130cm and the shelves are 56x16cm. If there is enough interest then I can also consider other sizes.

They are designed to be flush fitted to the wall.

full

full

full

Th3M4ster

Youngling
Ah sorry my mistake.

I've spotted that now and added them.

Forgot to say that LED lights can also be hidden nicely inside too.

Attachments

• displaycab1.jpg
    displaycab1.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 1,449
  • displaycab2.jpg
    displaycab2.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 1,446
  • displaycab3.jpg
    displaycab3.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,446

lejackal

Grand Master
Th3M4ster said:
Hi,

Sorry to bring back a very old thread but I'm on the verge of doing some high quality display cabinets and currently looking to gauge an interest at the moment.

They are very modular in design and can be various colours or finishes. You can even add your own decals like I've used in the example images of figure display.

The size of this one is 80cm x 130cm and the shelves are 56x16cm. If there is enough interest then I can also consider other sizes.

They are designed to be flush fitted to the wall.

full

full

full

You can only see those image links if you're logged into Rebel Scum.

Nice looking displays, I'd suggest starting your own thread and including pricing information if you want to gauge interest.

For what it's worth I would get rid of the branding, I wouldn't want that on my display cabinet

Th3M4ster

Youngling
Ok thanks for comments.

I only added my own decal as an example but obviously would look better with a nice Star Wars logo.

I'll start up a new thread later on when I get a chance.

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Nice looking cabinet, hope they are successful for you, looking forward to seeing your sales thread 😎😎😎

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom