What's your most & least favourite type of SW toys to collect?

subzero

Sith Lord
Just wondering what area other people enjoy collecting in the most, is it any loose figures?, MOC?, graded?, beaters?, cardbacks?, a specific character focus?, ships/vehicles?, ANH?, POTF?, COO or paint variants? etc etc. And also the thing you love collecting the least and why?

I'm mostly into ROTJ figures, basically anything that's loose & complete ( near mint ) or MOC, I collect ESB too but favour ROTJ over anything else.

My least favourite thing to collect is anything Droids, and ANH figures & ships/vehicles, mainly because I don't have much of an attachment to them because I only ever had ESB & ROTJ toys when I was a kid as i'm a bit younger as wasn't around until after ROTJ :lol:

poncho

Grand Master
if i had the room id own all the toys 1977-85

favourite : loose figures small tactile and beautiful
least favourite : ships mainly because of size they take up.....i will also add the ewoks cartoon line i have no love for those figures too ermmmm cartoony. i did however enjoy the cartoon

scooternick

Jedi Knight
Mine's easy. I have an attachment to the things that were difficult to get when I was growing up, ie cantina figures and jawa. I dislike most of the RoTJ figures as they were two a penny when I was a child. It probably just matches my personality type as I tend to be drawn to the things I perceive as unattainable and the things I was deprived of as a child, like pop tarts!!

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Favourite - Figures, loose and Mocs. It's all about the figures, always liked them more than anything else.
Least favourite - Playsets. Don't have any, don't like them. They just look lame with the cardboard backdrops etc.

Sabreman

Padawan
My favourite has to be the figures, MOC or loose as Robstyley says it's all about the figures. I do have a soft spot for the Mini Rigs as they were affordable when I was a kid as my parents didn't have much money.
My least favourite is probably the Droid Factory, I just don't see the point in it. Saying that if I could afford everything and had the space it would all be my favourite.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
For me it's packaged pieces be it MOC or MIB as I believe they r just as important as each other :!: Rem the SW toy line was amongst the first to have scaled figures to fit the vehicles and playsets and I just love both 8) As for which era, prob Empire closely followed by SW :)

Awl Skulkerkey

Padawan
MOST FAV: 3/4" Figures, MOC or loose. Secondly, 12" Figures in boxes.
LEAST FAV: Playsets. They always have a piece missing!
Secondly, comics.

Section 8

Sith Lord
1st. Collecting the same items I had or clearly remember as a kid. Be it figures, ships, erasers, oddball.
2nd Once I've collected all I had as a kid in some form or another, I will collect some of the others stuff I only discovered existed later. Like 12" and a Death Star Play set.

Things I'll put till last.

Ewoks / Driods shite. Not interested in collecting cartoon shite.
Micro collections. Didn't know they existed until started collecting as an adult.

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
Favourite:
Primarily the 3/4" figures, vehicles, playsets and full-size weapons (especially from my ANH/ESB era).
Any SW merchandising I had as a kid...comics, posters, Topps cards, Helix, Letraset, Cliro etc.

Least favourite:
No interest in bootlegs, Micro-machines, Droids or Ewoks merchandise.

Section 8

Sith Lord
Twin30mm said:
Favourite:
Primarily the 3/4" figures, vehicles, playsets and full-size weapons (especially from my ANH/ESB era).
Any SW merchandising I had as a kid...comics, posters, Topps cards, Helix, Letraset, Cliro etc.

Least favourite:

You should have just copied and pasted what I said. :?

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
Section 8 said:
Twin30mm said:
Favourite:

Least favourite:

Why. Is yours more relevant :roll:

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Favourites:
Loose,
MoCs,
Vehicles/playsets,
In that order really... after that everything from Stationery to ceramics and sweet wrappers, the list is endless and I do like a bootleg too...

Least favourite/no interest:
Comics; never read them as a kid and attempting reading them as an adult highlights what utter crap they are...

Awl Skulkerkey

Padawan
UPDATE ON MINE

Twin30mm reminded me, those Micro Machines diecast shite! What the f*ck? Solid metal toys, such fun not! If you ever want early retirement never invest in these. I used to buy/sell vintage SW in mid 90's and was always stuck with those buggers! :lol:

subzero

Sith Lord
I must be the only person on here who used to absolutely love SW Micro Machines 8)

I remember going into a toy shop around 2002 and discovered a shelf absolutely full of Episode 1 Micro Machines sets on clearance for about £1.50 each ( because nobody wanted them :lol: ), I blew my entire weeks wages on all of them and walked out with about 3 carrier bags full absolutely crammed with them lmao!!

Spent an hour+ tearing everything open and displaying them, good times :lol:

Gaz46&2

Padawan
I love collecting loose figures but I hate tracking down spare weapons to complete them. I find having MOC collection a bit of a pain, especially when the bubbles begin to disintegrate and there is nothing you can do about it.

Section 8

Sith Lord
Twin30mm said:
Section 8 said:
Twin30mm said:
Favourite:

Least favourite:

No, if you hadn't noticed, they are similar. :|

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
Section 8 said:
Twin30mm said:
Section 8 said:

No, if you hadn't noticed, they are similar. :|

OK, no probs.

Pure coincidence.
Whether intended or not, your post did come across as rather sarcastic.

I would imagine most first generation fans basic likes/dislikes are similar
i.e. love for the early SW merchandise, not so much for the later lines.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom