Exciting possibly new coo discovery

Cardbackkid

Jedi Master
So it looks like I've possibly discovered a new undocumented COO for Prune Face! Thought to only have a no coo going by all the guides I can happily tell you that a Hong Kong COO also exists.

Big thank you to all that have helped with this :)

I'm not sure if this is an overly rare coo but it's definitely harder to find than the no coos so everybody go check your Prune faces and let's see how many Hong Kong coos are out there !

Attachments

• IMG_0085.PNG
    IMG_0085.PNG
    173.3 KB · Views: 1,081
  • IMG_0086.PNG
    IMG_0086.PNG
    183.8 KB · Views: 1,078
  • IMG_0087.PNG
    IMG_0087.PNG
    172.9 KB · Views: 1,079

subzero

Sith Lord
Cool find, I don't have a loose Prune Face yet, only a MOC one, hand on a sec i'll go and open it and have a look....... 8)

subzero

Sith Lord
Sorry Cardbackkid, I should have noted that I was only joking, as I would never actually open a MOC :)

olisuds

Sith Lord
Unfortunately it's not new!

But it's not a production figure either.

It's an unproduced COO that can be found on a number of pre production 77 back wave characters including Leia poncho, wicket, B-wing pilot and pruneface.

So you likely have a pre production prune face figure.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Do I understand correctly that if this is a pre production piece it is very rare?
I see from the picture above that it appears to have been painted green over red plastic, should Cardbackkid be looking for the same?
Sorry for the questions, I know nothing about this part of the hobby.

olisuds

Sith Lord
Yes it is very rare and I imagine there are only a handful known to exist. Where did you come across it?

The example I used above is a first shot molded in non production colours just to illustrate its pre production nature but there are other "production-like" examples that would be better known as pre production samples. Tom Derby recently sold one with a non production colour rifle.

Cardbackkid

Jedi Master
olisuds said:
Yes it is very rare and I imagine there are only a handful known to exist. Where did you come across it?

The example I used above is a first shot molded in non production colours just to illustrate its pre production nature but there are other "production-like" examples that would be better known as pre production samples. Tom Derby recently sold one with a non production colour rifle.

Holy ****! A pre production piece ! I bought it of Facebook just as it was a coo I hadn't seen before.

olisuds

Sith Lord
Cardbackkid said:
olisuds said:

Holy ****! A pre production piece ! I bought it of Facebook just as it was a coo I hadn't seen before.

Might be worth comparing the paint colours with some production figures to see if there are any notable differences - I can't recall if there are. The other 77 back characters with unproduced HK COO have some interesting differences. The HK wicket is molded in a non production darker brown plastic with darker brown hood and spear. The HK Leia poncho has a lighter brown hair and a pink poncho. The HK B-wing pilot was also painted differently.

Cardbackkid

Jedi Master
olisuds said:
Cardbackkid said:
olisuds said:

Might be worth comparing the paint colours with some production figures to see if there are any notable differences - I can't recall if there are. The other 77 back characters with unproduced HK COO have some interesting differences. The HK wicket is molded in a non production darker brown plastic with darker brown hood and spear. The HK Leia poncho has a lighter brown hair and a pink poncho. The HK B-wing pilot was also painted differently.

I will compare it with another prune face and see if there are any differences and add pictures if there is :)

Thank you very much for the info

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom