Nice auction last night

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
Did anyone on here win this nice bunch yesterday?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201985893285

Looks like a good collection that's been stored away for a long time.

Way out of my price range in the end though

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
I was watching that just out of interest.
Did I miss something in the photos to justify that price?

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
Yeah they sat at £500 with about 20seconds to go and then just flew!

I like the pictures, they say to me 'I've found this in the loft and don't know much about them"

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
tobedesu said:
I was watching that just out of interest.
Did I miss something in the photos to justify that price?

Not that I know of? Leia blaster? Boba fett right at the bottom might be a rare variant perhaps?

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
poncho said:
way over priced..... :eek:
I thought that too.
I know everything has gone up, but I sold two Darth Vader cases full of figures with original weapons in mint condition for approx. £200 each (at auction) in 2012.
At the time I wad surprised at how much they went for, but suppose someone got a good deal!
Then again if you break the price of 40 figures and weapons down these days £25 each isn't too much, depending what is lurking in that pile!
What a crazy hobby...

subzero

Sith Lord
There's a Teebo & Klaatu in there, no wonder it went for so much :wink:

Actual listing quote - "Most have a sticky feel to them, some missing limbs, a lot don't have weapons/accessories, there's at least a couple where the head has come off"

I need to get a carrier bag full of common beaters and pour pop over them and let it dry in sticky, remove some limbs and heads here n there and let my dog play with them for a day or so and i'd be loaded overnight :lol: :lol:

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Yeah, watched these go and was somewhat shocked at the price. But then it's a tidy looking Luke FB with his sabre and a Leia blaster so there's £120 odd back straight away. Seeing people sell Bossks for £15 and Jawas for £30 on FB and you can't help but think a full set of loose must be knocking on £4k now.

If it isn't a genuine loft lot then the seller has hit all the right things to say without leaving anyone a leg to stand on in getting their money back if it's not all genuine. I really couldn't be arsed totalling up the weapons at the time but there has to be £500+ there alone. Going to go and do that now, actually, just to shock myself...

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Adding the weapons and accessories (all those in the 2nd photo plus the Vader and Luke sabres) I get to around £620 by the "going rate". That means someone paid over £320 for 40 odd loose figures, some headless. Call it 40 figures (so discounting headless ones) that's £8 a figures. If you went down the ebay route to sell this stuff on I think you'd break even after your 15% costs. That takes no account of time and you are bound to have at least one false claim of "fake weapon" from the buyers.

I think someone paid what this would have cost to buy loose. So why do it? I get it: the thrill of hunting through an untouched childhood collection if only in the hope of finding a little gem, or the seller suddenly finding a loose VCJ and chucking it in. And if there are no gems there then the buyer hasn't actually lost money and ended up with what looks to be a remarkably well looked after childhood collection considering some ended up headless. There's no way on earth mine were in this condition when I sold them as a kid. Mine were beaten to death.

Gaz46&2

Padawan
I remember an average to beater run of the first 77 selling for £460 on ebay 12 years ago. They were mostly complete.

Any person who has been collecting for some time will have these figures already, and unless they're doing another run I see no reason for them to buy it. I imagine this collection will get flipped and sold on within a week and they'll more or less break even.

Cymonguk

Padawan
To be honest I think it is slightly expensive but certainly I could see my self spending around this price, I don't have a lot in the way of figures, am coming into a bit of money and would be easier than hunting a bunch of stuff down. If you are buying to keep then the collection is probably only going to go up in value

Dorsetmark

Jedi Master
I sold a complete minty set for not much more than that a few years ago :?
That lot never worth anything like that much :eek:
Just a load of cheap beaters and open a few Survival packs

subzero

Sith Lord
Haha since this auction ended last night iv'e seen 2 sellers so far today already listing up large lots of loose figures.

I wonder why...... :wink:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Dannywhiteley said:
I sold a complete 96 figure set for £750 in 2008.
They must have been in fantastic condition to realise that price back then?!?

subzero

Sith Lord
Dannywhiteley said:
I sold a complete 96 figure set for £750 in 2008.

Don't know why but I always imagine 2008 as feeling like it was only 2 or 3 years back, I was reading this and thinking wow prices have gone up fast in such a short amount of time, but that is actually a decade ago now.... :? :?:

Time goes too quick :cry:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom