Fake VCJ?

subzero

Sith Lord
Just thought i'd post this link to ( what I believe ) yet again another fake VCJ, straight away the colour looks wrong and the length is too long.

A cut Kenobi cape??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ultra-Rare-Vintage-Star-Wars-Kenner-Plastic-Cape-Jawa-with-weapon-/253054813432?hash=item3aeb3e04f8:g:K20AAOSwFXNZcIrw

subzero

Sith Lord
I could be totally wrong of course as i'm still learning all this stuff, but it just seems way off to me :?:

subzero

Sith Lord
Aahh gotcha!.. I wasn't aware that one existed, I just assumed all the capes looked the same.

There's so many damn figure variants :lol:

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
Yep, looks to be a Toltoys one - makes sense with it being in Aus too.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
To my eyes, from the pics supplied I'd say fake. When the sun glints on the cape it should reveal the tiny 'diamond' texture and in these pics the cape looks totally flat and untextured. Furthermore Toltoys figures are usually discoloured with greeny blue liver spots - it sounds odd but it's one of the coolest parts of the variant. I see no such spots on this figure.

If you're serious then before buying ask for a whole bunch more detailed photos.

subzero

Sith Lord
Yes it def looks smooth/shiny.

Is that diamond pattern what creates the 'zipping' sound if you rub it with your nail?

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
subzero said:

Is that diamond pattern what creates the 'zipping' sound if you rub it with your nail?

Yes- the pattern should look like this, although a different shade of cape to this one

Attachments

• 20160903_131254.jpg
    20160903_131254.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 700
  • 20160903_131239.jpg
    20160903_131239.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 700

subzero

Sith Lord
Ah yeah that's it, I remember seeing that pattern on another website.

With something so expensive I suppose it's too tempting for people to at least try a scam like this and see if they can get away with it, this is the second one iv'e seen now in the past month :evil:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Cazza said:
subzero said:

Yes- the pattern should look like this, although a different shade of cape to this one

Is that VCJ yours?
If so dam, thats a nice piece to have, I've never had one and won't be getting one nowadays...

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Mini99 said:
Cazza said:
subzero said:

Is that VCJ yours?
If so dam, thats a nice piece to have, I've never had one and won't be getting one nowadays...

Unfortunately not. It belonged to my boss- he found a tub of first 12 figures in his parent's loft last year and I sold them for him. Talk about striking gold- they were all card fresh, as he got them when he was 13 and never played with them. The jawa graded 90. I do have a nice one as well though ;)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Cazza said:
Mini99 said:
Cazza said:

Is that VCJ yours?

Unfortunately not. It belonged to my boss- he found a tub of first 12 figures in his parent's loft last year and I sold them for him. Talk about striking good-looking they were all card fresh, as he got them when he was 13 and never played with them. The jawa graded 90. I do have a nice one as well though ;)
Well there's a story in its self, must have been exciting to be part of it.
I didn't get one back in the 80's as they were always too expensive :shock:
I not going to pay over a £1000 for a loose figure, unless circumstances take a massive change.
So well done to you for owning one, even if it's not a 90 grade, it's still a rare and desirable item that most will never own.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom