Header image

THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 38 LAUNCHED

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 38 LAUNCHED

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:21 am

Jez wrote:
ScruffyLookingNH wrote:
Jez wrote:
Yeah Stef, i did consider the Gafi Stick when i was writing the questions but to be fair, i gave them Rancor Keeper as things were really dragging and they needed a boost. Didn't stop them moaning though.

Hold the phones, ladies! How, exactly, is the Rancor stick like the Gaffi stick? Different colour and different end! That's like saying the letter "W" isn't unique in the alphabet because is the same as the letter "V". It's unique, get over it. The Squid head gun is unique too.....ooh, good point. Come on Stu, think we deserve another point.

Can't actually believe a variant collector has brought that argument up. Stef, shame on you ;) :lol:

Squid Head begins with S not R.
Microphone not muted now Simon :wink:

Ah. An essential element of Blockbusters I forgot :oops: :D

coomber75
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby coomber75 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:29 pm

thanks mate will get it loaded as dont have i tunes

Darth Bobby
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Darth Bobby » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:56 pm

Another bumper episode, really enjoyed it. Great to have Stuart back & Simon was brilliant too. Gutted Marc and I never got to play Blockbusters when we were on, very funny.

The CAS preserve grade is a really good idea, hope it discourages the terrible U grading which still seems to be happening. Still can't believe AFA still do it. For that reason I wouldn't have anything they've graded in the house. Shocking.

Another shocking thing was the Carrie Fisher, Debbie Reynolds auction story. Hard to believe her brother would stoop so low. I really hope it's not true, but it sounds very dodgy to me. No wonder she had problems.

Photo Bucket can Phuck off. I'd rather pay a subscription to the forums than PB. Surely they make money off the advertising? It was fiddly at the best of times. I can't see the subscription service working as the price is ridiculous. $399? We could almost buy our own photo storage website for that!

Enjoyed the interview with Lee Harris, although I did have to close the window when the Rolf Harris song came on. Very funny.

With so many negative stories about, it was nice to hear of the 3 packs out in wild and the story about Steve's Barbers. Just goes to show there is still stuff out there waiting to be discovered.

I know Richard is a big fan of Heavy Metal, for that reason I've a feeling the end sting is always going to be loud!!! I always reach for the volume when Stu starts wrapping up the show as I know I'm about to be deafened. Love it.

chipsteak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby chipsteak » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:08 pm

Many thanks once again for all the work that goes into the show. It's a real highlight.

You don't hear Rolf Harris too often these days, mind.

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”