Header image

THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 38 LAUNCHED

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Re: THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 38 LAUNCHED

Postby edd_jedi » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:35 pm

Another cracking episode, amazing how quickly 5+ hours can fly by! Really enjoyed all the interviews and guests. I must stop being such a miserable bastard, I'm going to get a reputation :lol:

Stuart Skinner
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Stuart Skinner » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:52 pm

edd_jedi wrote:Another cracking episode, amazing how quickly 5+ hours can fly by! Really enjoyed all the interviews and guests. I must stop being such a miserable bastard, I'm going to get a reputation :lol:

I thought your discussion on variants was quality. Don't change mate, makes for great reading (and I agree with you)
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/star-wars-vintage-rebellion/id1001257470?mt=2

walkie
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby walkie » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:36 pm

Excellent listen once again. However regarding the klaatu focus collectors there is another. His real name escapes me but he's about on FB....

http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1113306

As for a jabba goon with a unique weapon, isn't the rancor staff very similar to tusken gaffi staff?

Wanted: Lili Ledy, Glasslite, Meccano, Canadian Instruction Sheets, $$$ waiting!!

Visit My Vintage Paperwork Limelight Click Me!
The Glasslite Guide & Discussion Thread Click Me! & The Droids Guide & Discussion Thread Click Me!

Cazza
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Cazza » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:00 pm

Just finished listening to the Carbonite Blockbusters. Got some very strange looks as I was laughing out loud next to the pool on holiday - genius stuff guys :lol: Can't believe how arsey Stu was getting :lol: Bad loser ;)
Collecting SW since 1980.
"Look Sir, Dubs,"

WANTED LIST viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20916 Looking for Palitoy MOCs

Richard_H
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Richard_H » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:45 pm

It's a toss up what irritates Stu more. Buying a drink or losing a quiz.

Good spot Stef! Yet more cheating that I ignored for the greater good. :D
Co-host, co-creator, director and stud of SW The Vintage Rebellion podcast
https://www.facebook.com/thevintagerebellion

Check out my interview on http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com/co ... ka-cc4rhu/

Stuart Skinner
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Stuart Skinner » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:00 pm

Cazza wrote:Just finished listening to the Carbonite Blockbusters. Got some very strange looks as I was laughing out loud next to the pool on holiday - genius stuff guys :lol: Can't believe how arsey Stu was getting :lol: Bad loser ;)

Haha, I'll send you an unedited version of that recording and you'll see how bad the cheating was but apparently Rich has some photos of Jez or something that he's threatened to put on social media unless he toes the line.
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/star-wars-vintage-rebellion/id1001257470?mt=2

Robstyley
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Robstyley » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:48 pm

Listened to it this week at work. Classic episode! Blockbusters cracked me up. Enjoyed a lot of the discussion and the food items interview. Nice work chaps :)

Jez
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Jez » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:49 pm

Woah woah woah. Back the Sand Crawler up. Stu you was wingeing like a right beatch. Even Rich had a bleet at one point. You were all having a moan. No one wants to listen to the raw recording. It took you bunch of amateurs about 5 minutes to answer the first question.
So i take it that a return to Blockbusters in the future might be a popular decision.

Yeah Stef, i did consider the Gafi Stick when i was writing the questions but to be fair, i gave them Rancor Keeper as things were really dragging and they needed a boost. Didn't stop them moaning though.

Mini99
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Mini99 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:54 pm

Still have a few hours left (thats a good feeling in it's self) but so far a cracking show.

Carbonite Blockbusters, never thought that this would work with no visuals, but absolutely brilliant, must have got so many funny looks while driving home and laughing like an idiot. :!: Haven't lauged so much since the great "muff" debate. :lol:
Brought back so many memories hearing the into music and the gold run was just as frantic as I remember it, thanks.
Just love the cheating, it did come across that you were a bad loser Stu, but "it was all down to the editing " I am sure... :lol:
Keep the quizzes coming.

Todd Fisher, well that has put a question mark over the whole auction, will be interesting to see what happens there.

The interview with Lee Harris was very intresting, great to hear the differences/similarities with Uk collecting, don't know if the Rolf Harris Intro was apt, but did make me laugh!

Agree with everything Richard said about varients, it feels to me like people are creating a market that doesn't really exist, but everyone to their own.

I thought Ross came across as a genuine guy in Richard's intterview, if they were UK based I think I would use them, don't really relish sending my stuff to the US, but their loose figure cases are top class, so far ahead of the competition.

Always look forward to new acqasitions and the topics that spin off from them.

All this and still got a few hours left for the journey down to FF next weekend, looking forward to it, hope to see you all there.

Thanks. :D

PS: Seahawks, what a great post, really enjoyed reading about the purchase of your Imperial Shuttle, one of the best I have read this year. Thanks for sharing.

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:47 pm

Jez wrote:
Yeah Stef, i did consider the Gafi Stick when i was writing the questions but to be fair, i gave them Rancor Keeper as things were really dragging and they needed a boost. Didn't stop them moaning though.

Hold the phones, ladies! How, exactly, is the Rancor stick like the Gaffi stick? Different colour and different end! That's like saying the letter "W" isn't unique in the alphabet because is the same as the letter "V". It's unique, get over it. The Squid head gun is unique too.....ooh, good point. Come on Stu, think we deserve another point.

Can't actually believe a variant collector has brought that argument up. Stef, shame on you ;) :lol:

coomber75
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby coomber75 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:54 pm

I need this in my life .. where can I get the link to tye podcast???

Stuart Skinner
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Stuart Skinner » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:32 am

coomber75 wrote:I need this in my life .. where can I get the link to tye podcast???

Can listen here on iTunes pal

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/sta ... 57470?mt=2

or on podbean

http://swtvrpodcast.podbean.com

Broke
New User
New User

Postby Broke » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:41 am

My blue snaggletooth made the podcast. And I think a discussion of my collection growing rapidly. Great podcast.

Jez
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Jez » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:51 am

ScruffyLookingNH wrote:
Jez wrote:

Hold the phones, ladies! How, exactly, is the Rancor stick like the Gaffi stick? Different colour and different end! That's like saying the letter "W" isn't unique in the alphabet because is the same as the letter "V". It's unique, get over it. The Squid head gun is unique too.....ooh, good point. Come on Stu, think we deserve another point.

Can't actually believe a variant collector has brought that argument up. Stef, shame on you ;) :lol:

Squid Head begins with S not R.
Microphone not muted now Simon :wink:

Jez
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Jez » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:54 am

Broke wrote:My blue snaggletooth made the podcast. And I think a discussion of my collection growing rapidly. Great podcast.

Hi Todd, welcome to SWFUK. Glad you've come over to check it out.

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”