Attachments

• IMG_2139.PNG
    IMG_2139.PNG
    61.9 KB · Views: 618

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
:lol:
subzero said:
Wow, there's a VCJ 80% up right now for like a third of that amount lol.

Yeh but there r plenty of 80 grades out there and even 85s compared to 90s hence the frantic bidding :!:
Don't get me wrong I still think the high bidders r mad :lol:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Surly unless the same company and the same person graded them all how can a grade be anything but a guide.
What I think is an 80 you may consider that it's an 85. :?
Grading is subjective!

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
Surly unless the same company and the same person graded them all how can a grade be anything but a guide.
Grading is subjective!
I have to agree. I've nothing against grading but I always :roll: when I see someone selling a graded item which "graded 80 but should be an 85".

lejackal

Grand Master
peekaygee73 said:
Mini99 said:
Grading is subjective!
I have to agree. I've nothing against grading but I always :roll: when I see someone selling a graded item which "graded 80 but should be an 85".
In my opinion the person I paid to give me their opinion on my toy was wrong, therefore I'm going to say this 80 is an 85 and expect you to pay as if it were :mrgreen:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
lejackal said:
peekaygee73 said:
Mini99 said:
Grading is subjective!
In my opinion the person I paid to give me their opinion on my toy was wrong, therefore I'm going to say this 80 is an 85 and expect you to pay as if it were :mrgreen:
How many times have you seen the above quotes, why bother?
Don't get me wrong I have had loose figures graded and own graded MOC's but understand that the number on the sticker is someone's opinion at that moment in time, not the last word.
Rant over... :lol:

PS: love the new Lando as a peeping Tom avatar. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
I don't understand people paying a lot more for a 90 grade I find 85 very acceptable. Maybe they are hoping graded loose or MOC will end up going the same way as comics where grade is everything. The price difference between a 9.0 and a 9.4 in comics can sometimes be staggering.

subzero

Sith Lord
Wreck-It Ralph said:
I don't understand people paying a lot more for a 90 grade I find 85 very acceptable. Maybe they are hoping graded loose or MOC will end up going the same way as comics where grade is everything. The price difference between a 9.0 and a 9.4 in comics can sometimes be staggering.

Even on brand new modern comics the going trend is about getting that 9.8 grade, 9.6 would still be very acceptable but as soon as you start getting to like 9.0 the value can be like half of what a 9.8 goes for, 8.8 and nobody wants it and it sells for peanuts, and you look at the comic inside the case and it looks the bloody same as a 9.8 :lol: just as nice looking as any other comic

So really I think the numbered grade can actually make the comic look **** then because all people do is look straight at the number, it just diverts attention away from the comic inside it.

I don't know what peoples opinions on graded figures are as I don't know much about them, but i'm guessing a lower grade could detract from how beautiful the figure actually is which isn't what it deserves, and not someones shitty nit picking graded opinion spoiling the figure.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom