Going to do a small london vintage star wars search this weekend

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
I've decided to have a wander tomorrow and see if I can get any vintage bargains in London, its an hour tube ride for me and I know most of it will be overpriced but you never know?

I had originally planned to go to London film and comic con but that's sold out so doing this now :D

First stop will be Martins toys in Walthamstow, then Daves and monkeys in Camden and then mimi fifi in notting hill

I will report back with my findings and let you all know how it went

thanks
Andrew

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
I went with James and Nick a month or 2 back. Some figures, vehicles and a few MOCs from memory.

Picked up a square card Meccano jawa. Nice bloke.

:)

Jason

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
mr_palitoy said:
I went with James and Nick a month or 2 back. Some figures, vehicles and a few MOCs from memory.

Picked up a square card Meccano jawa. Nice bloke.

:)

Jason

thanks Jason

whats it like price wise on loose figures out of interest?

did he come down on price for you?

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
Mr-shifter said:
Did his stall not burn down in the fires at Camden market?

Edit: daves in Camden. Monkeys is ok.

Dave is still there, difficult to explain where really, erm go into the market from where the Camden lock bridge is rather than the stables

Gaz46&2

Padawan
I know this is too late but I went to LFCC yesterday (Friday) there was quite a bit of vintage stuff for sale both loose, Moc and vehicles at reasonable prices too. I know today (Saturday) is sold out but I heard tickets were available for Sunday.

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
Well this trip was pants :lol:

I got to martins at 12, which seemed overpriced. Just to give you an idea £48 for a loose complete Luke Jedi with nose rub, loose complete boba fett £38, boxed hoth ice planet £165 he had a few carded figures and loose ships.
I left empty handed

Daves in camden, still has a few ropey carded figures but was surprised to see he had hardly any loose figures a Han with carbonite £95 4 rancor keepers £7.50 each and a ropey blonde Luke farm boy £15.
Had a brief chat with him and said cheery oh!

Monkeys emporium next is a nice stall with good displays and Wide range of figures but blimey is he way overpriced!!! £529 for a loose pop up r2d2 with saber. Loose complete Luke poncho with rub to green helmet £165 He was on his phone the whole time so never chatted to him

Lastly mimi fifi which had about 8 complete Jedi figures all £35 each

Think I'll be sticking to here, eBay and carboots for buying from now on

jared007

Padawan
pizzathehutt said:
Well this trip was pants

Thanks for the run-down of the experience. Was thinking of giving Camden another visit soon but might leave it for a while.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
palitoyjunky said:
I know times have changed but I paid £90 for my totally mint Tri MOC example a few years ago :!:
£90 for a Tri MOC, how long ago was that?
It could be longer ago than you think... :roll:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom