Header image

Sharing Star Wars memories.....

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Dublinjeff
Grand Master
Grand Master

Sharing Star Wars memories.....

Postby Dublinjeff » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:07 pm

Sat down this evening with the little one to tackle this vintage ROTJ Vader jigsaw.....was my favourite puzzle as a kid. Vividly remember getting this one Christmas morning.... Can't wait to get started. Love sharing moments like this :D
Will post results later.....
IMG_20170729_175509.jpg

IMG_20170729_175530.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Looking for Toltoys/Harbert Boxed Landspeeder....

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: Sharing Star Wars memories.....

Postby lejackal » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:30 pm

Great stuff, I was playing SW match with Logan today, do get a little bit of a squeaky bum when he has his hands on a MOC though as he has destroyed one before :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

x-pack
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby x-pack » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:12 am

If I was you that MOC would have been snatched away in some sort of Bruce Lee 'howaaaaaa!' move :lol:

Jigsaws were brilliant back in the day. Do kids bother with them now?

subzero
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby subzero » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:26 am

Here's a dilemma for ya lol, suddenly there's no toys left in the world, I mean literally nothing, they're all gone and kids will never experience toys ever again. The only toys left in the world are your cherished super rare MOC collection, do you secretly hoard them away?.. or let your kids open and play with them and get to experience what you had and what nobody else ever will...? 8)
Chavs are easily startled, but they will soon be back, and in greater numbers

palitoyjunky
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby palitoyjunky » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:45 pm

Er...NO:!: :lol:
Looking for mint sealed or unused Palitoy Empire.

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lejackal » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:46 pm

palitoyjunky wrote:Er...NO:!: :lol:

Why not :lol:

palitoyjunky
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby palitoyjunky » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:47 pm

My first reaction naturally :wink: But thinking about it, how sad it would b for kids with no toys :(
Looking for mint sealed or unused Palitoy Empire.

Wreck-It Ralph
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Wreck-It Ralph » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:57 am

subzero wrote:Here's a dilemma for ya lol, suddenly there's no toys left in the world, I mean literally nothing, they're all gone and kids will never experience toys ever again. The only toys left in the world are your cherished super rare MOC collection, do you secretly hoard them away?.. or let your kids open and play with them and get to experience what you had and what nobody else ever will...? 8)

I think I will go out and buy some beater MOC just incase the future ends up being a toy less dystopia, that way I can keep my Super Rare MOC's and not feel guilty as I can give my kids the beater MOC to play with. My kids would then not only have toys to play with but they would also no what it feels like to be an AFA employee for the day!
Because he's holding a thermal detonator!!

We all have our time machines. Some take us back, they're called memories. Some take us forward, they're called dreams.

subzero
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby subzero » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:13 am

Wreck-It Ralph wrote:
subzero wrote:Here's a dilemma for ya lol, suddenly there's no toys left in the world, I mean literally nothing, they're all gone and kids will never experience toys ever again. The only toys left in the world are your cherished super rare MOC collection, do you secretly hoard them away?.. or let your kids open and play with them and get to experience what you had and what nobody else ever will...? 8)

I think I will go out and buy some beater MOC just incase the future ends up being a toy less dystopia, that way I can keep my Super Rare MOC's and not feel guilty as I can give my kids the beater MOC to play with. My kids would then not only have toys to play with but they would also no what it feels like to be an AFA employee for the day!

You never know one day it could be that bad haha the film Equilibrium could be a reality, you'll have blokes in protective suits smashing your door down because your neighbour grassed you up to the authorities for possessing illegal toys that could god forbid give you feelings of happiness, then they smash your false wall down and get into your secret room with MOC's everywhere and burn them all, then drag you away to a place where you'll never be seen again.

Buy some beaters and keep them in a metal box buried in the garden.... it's coming! :lol:
Chavs are easily startled, but they will soon be back, and in greater numbers

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”