Header image

Valuation Requests and PM Deals

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: Valuation Requests and PM Deals

Postby lejackal » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:54 pm

Seriously though, it's a valid point - there is a simple solution though, set up two mailboxes, one of which only Edd has the log ins for which is set to auto forward to a second mailbox only accessible by the valuation team. That should provide the desired security.

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:50 pm

lejackal wrote:
weasel wrote:
chewbaccadave wrote:
I hope this idea get's the go ahead as it should,hopefully,help clear up the valuation/P.M. situation,cheers Dave.

Fair play for volunteering. One other point I would make (and this is absolutely NOT meant as a slight on either of you, so please don't take it as that) is that we need to be sure all those who have access to the email address are trustworthy. As I said, i'm NOT implying either of you are anything other than stand up guys, I'm just pointing out we don't want a situation developing down the line were a newbie has tried to post with something valuable only for a disreputable sod to delete the email and deal directly with them, scoring themselves a great deal in the process. I'd like to think no one on here would do that, but stranger things have happened. Not sure how we would prevent that from happening though.

What are you trying to say :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shit. Carl, he's onto us.

Weasel, absolutely fair comment and I couldn't agree more. In fact I believe that this actually happened on one of the more drama prone FB groups. If my collection ended up beating Steve Sansweet's then you know you were right :D

weasel
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby weasel » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:34 pm

lejackal wrote:Seriously though, it's a valid point - there is a simple solution though, set up two mailboxes, one of which only Edd has the log ins for which is set to auto forward to a second mailbox only accessible by the valuation team. That should provide the desired security.

That may well work as a solution.

Ps, sorry if I rumbled your scheme, PM me details of my cut and i'll delete these messages. I'm sure no one has seen them :wink: :lol:
"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!"

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:07 pm

weasel wrote:
lejackal wrote:Seriously though, it's a valid point - there is a simple solution though, set up two mailboxes, one of which only Edd has the log ins for which is set to auto forward to a second mailbox only accessible by the valuation team. That should provide the desired security.

That may well work as a solution.

Ps, sorry if I rumbled your scheme, PM me details of my cut and i'll delete these messages. I'm sure no one has seen them :wink: :lol:

:lol:

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”