Header image

Palitoy General Madine Advice please

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Michael Sith
Grand Master
Grand Master

Palitoy General Madine Advice please

Postby Michael Sith » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:55 pm

Just after some advice really

If I'm right this is a Palitoy 65 c with a twin stem, it also has a slick seal.

As you can see the base of the twin stems are cracked which is starting to lift the area between the stems.

Would it be advise able to tape the stems to avoid damage getting any worse?

As its the General I know it's not sought after, but don't want damage to get any worse and I quite like him as the General gets none of the limelight

so would welcome advice

Many thanks in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"What is thy bidding, my master?"

Snaketibe
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: Palitoy General Madine Advice please

Postby Snaketibe » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:49 pm

If you display it in a Star Case or acrylic case, perhaps you could add a small clear piece of perspex between the stems to support the base of the bubble? That way, you wouldn't be permanently adding anything to the card or risking adding something like tape which will inevitably decay over time and can be a real problem to fully remove the residue from, especially over an uneven surface like the stems on your card. Being clear, the perspex shouldn't show too much and therefore won't detract from the rest of the card when on display. That's certainly what I would attempt first before contemplating anything more drastic.

Good luck, and let us know what you decide :-)

subzero
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby subzero » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:25 pm

Snaketibe wrote:If you display it in a Star Case or acrylic case, perhaps you could add a small clear piece of perspex between the stems to support the base of the bubble? That way, you wouldn't be permanently adding anything to the card or risking adding something like tape which will inevitably decay over time and can be a real problem to fully remove the residue from, especially over an uneven surface like the stems on your card. Being clear, the perspex shouldn't show too much and therefore won't detract from the rest of the card when on display. That's certainly what I would attempt first before contemplating anything more drastic.

Perspex is a great idea, I cut up a thin strip of selotape to seal over a stem split on my Ackbar bubble to stop the staff from possibly falling through it. Hopefully though over time it won't damage it but I do see like you say it can degrade and become a bit messy.
Chavs are easily startled, but they will soon be back, and in greater numbers

Michael Sith
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Michael Sith » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:17 pm

Snaketibe wrote:If you display it in a Star Case or acrylic case, perhaps you could add a small clear piece of perspex between the stems to support the base of the bubble? That way, you wouldn't be permanently adding anything to the card or risking adding something like tape which will inevitably decay over time and can be a real problem to fully remove the residue from, especially over an uneven surface like the stems on your card. Being clear, the perspex shouldn't show too much and therefore won't detract from the rest of the card when on display. That's certainly what I would attempt first before contemplating anything more drastic.

Sounds like a plan I will try that and see if it works, thanks for the idea :wink:
"What is thy bidding, my master?"

Mini99
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Mini99 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:54 pm

The idea of using something to support the bubble in a case rather than sticking anything to the card/bubble as Snaketibe Suggested sounds the better option to me.
Good luck, would be interested in seeing the result.

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”