Header image

Jawa Vinyl Capes?

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
ZuckussOZ
New User
New User

Jawa Vinyl Capes?

Postby ZuckussOZ » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:42 am

Hi, I have been collecting since the late 1980's on and off and I managed to gather quite a few Jawa's in my time. I have received a few without cloth capes over the years and I have simply matched with spare cloth capes.

Recently I stumbled upon a thread in this very forum discussing the correct COO's of the VCJ and sure enough I have two! Not only that, they are immaculate copies with zero paint rubs and tight joints.

My question is, these currently do not have vinyl capes and I have looked around on ebay and I just have to ask, how often do vinyl jawa capes turn up for sale on their own? Better yet, if anyone out there has at least one for sale, please let me know. I would love to finally complete my collection.

Thanks!

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Re: Jawa Vinyl Capes?

Postby edd_jedi » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:48 am

Welcome to the forum. The cape is 99.9% of the value. Even if you found a loose cape for sale, it would basically be the same price as the complete figure.

There was a period recently where people were selling "vinyl cape Jawa's without cape" like you have, but that COO was also present on many cloth caped Jawa's so it's fairly meaningless. Yes it's correct, but it doesn't really add any value or rarity.

SublevelStudios
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby SublevelStudios » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:20 am

You've got more chance of getting a blow job from Rachel Riley than you have of finding a loose VCJ cape and even if you did it would make exactly zero difference to the price compared to a complete one I'm afraid, as Ed has said.

yoda
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby yoda » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:49 am

SublevelStudios wrote:You've got more chance of getting a blow job from Rachel Riley than you have of finding a loose VCJ cape and even if you did it would make exactly zero difference to the price compared to a complete one I'm afraid, as Ed has said.

images.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Age is no barrier. It's a limitation you put on your mind ~Jackie Joyner-Kersee~
Arf arf arf... That's my other dog imitation. ~Sgt. Oddball.
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.~Vernon Law~

SublevelStudios
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby SublevelStudios » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:07 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ZuckussOZ
New User
New User

Postby ZuckussOZ » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:27 am

Thanks for the contribution guys...I would have just settled for the first reply.

subzero
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby subzero » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:30 am

0d7454f9d3fd46e7a4ee50160232b6df559f63f79b36521907e163dd5387a266.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chavs are easily startled, but they will soon be back, and in greater numbers

SublevelStudios
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby SublevelStudios » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:12 pm

ZuckussOZ wrote:Thanks for the contribution guys...I would have just settled for the first reply.

Snaketibe
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Snaketibe » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:22 pm

So close! :wink:

So Close.jpg

wrighty
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby wrighty » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:19 pm

Welcome to the forum. We like banter and taking the piss but all in good nature!! :lol:

NB good luck in finding the cape, I have to say I have not come across anyone selling the cape alone. There was a guy, maybe a year back openly admitted to selling a VCJ part by part to maximise profit but never saw the cape listed.

SublevelStudios
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby SublevelStudios » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:28 pm

wrighty wrote:Welcome to the forum. We like banter and taking the piss but all in good nature!! :lol:

Sorry, it's just a bit of banter, please don't take it to heart. You're very welcome here and hope to see you posting in future.

Snaketibe
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Snaketibe » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:29 pm

Yes, joking aside, welcome to the Forum.

If you're serious about wanting a vinyl Jawa, since you won't find a real cape for sale separately, and as has already been pointed out, in any case it would cost you exactly the same as buying a complete one, I recommend eBay. Vinyl Jawas are extremely expensive these days, but are still not actually truly rare or even hard to get; they'll just set you back at least £750, and if you want a mint one, over £1,000. If that's not taken the wind out of your sails (and if it has, I apologise), then the very best of luck to you! :-)

steve obi wan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby steve obi wan » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:37 pm

Snaketibe wrote:So close! :wink:

So Close.jpg

Priceless !!
Steve ,

Reliving my child hood , only this time I have to spend my own money !

yoda
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby yoda » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:17 pm

ZuckussOZ wrote:Thanks for the contribution guys...I would have just settled for the first reply.

Yeah it's only abit of harmless fun :) nearly everyone ends up going through the mincer at some stage on here. I've been though it a few times myself by my own doing :) hope you stick around and you'll really enjoy yourself and learn alot on here.
Age is no barrier. It's a limitation you put on your mind ~Jackie Joyner-Kersee~
Arf arf arf... That's my other dog imitation. ~Sgt. Oddball.
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.~Vernon Law~

ZuckussOZ
New User
New User

Postby ZuckussOZ » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:55 am

Yeah it just isn't fantastic when you are sitting here with your 10 year old son, you know.

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”