Deleting threads

wrighty

Sith Lord
This is in response to Edd's last comment on Craig's Book thread.

Absolutely agree that thrashing Craig in his book thread is not on.

However I disagree that the thread should be deleted as there are lessons to be learnt from it.

I would suggest renaming that thread and for Craig to start a new thread to promote his book. I for one will not be deterred in buying his book because of that packaging incident because it is not bloody related.

I have said what I need to say!! 8)

Joe

Grand Master
Hold on Simon, wasn't it you that brought the issue on Facebook up here by posting screenshots and saying the following:

This is not going to be good advertisement for his book!! :shock:

You can't spread gossip like that and wait to see what the reaction is then back peddle. If you hadn't posted the screenshot on SWF I doubt anyone else would have even said anything about the packaging mishap, especially not in relation to his book.

I don't agree with some of the things Craig has done/said over the last few years and I definitely don't agree with how he handled the situation with Mike (or how he packaged that £1k item) but you are making people feel bad for posting their opinions when it was YOU that posted about that issue in his "not bloody related" book thread.. :roll:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I am also against deleting threads in general unless they are hateful etc, so I will probably just leave it locked and then Craig can start a new book thread later.

Lindo

Sith Lord
As I said in the other thread 1 instance of poor packaging has bugger all to do with anything else, I can't believe some of the stick he is getting for 1 mistake on packaging, I'm sure that if the buyer really wanted a full refund then he would have returned it and the only one who would have lost out would have been Craig so what's the problem

wrighty

Sith Lord
Joe said:
Hold on Simon, wasn't it you that brought the issue on Facebook up here by posting screenshots and saying the following:

This is not going to be good advertisement for his book!! :shock:

You can't spread gossip like that and wait to see what the reaction is then back peddle. If you hadn't posted the screenshot on SWF I doubt anyone else would have even said anything about the packaging mishap, especially not in relation to his book.

I don't agree with some of the things Craig has done/said over the last few years and I definitely don't agree with how he handled the situation with Mike (or how he packaged that £1k item) but you are making people feel bad for posting their opinions when it was YOU that posted about that issue in his "not bloody related" book thread.. :roll:

Hey Joe. I did bring it to Craig's attention which he wasn't aware of Mike's post because he was blocked. I did say "This is not going to be good advertisement for his book", this applies in general but doesn't bother me one bit about how he packaged the items vs buying the book via Amazon. I didn't say this will bother me personally and won't buy the book. No back peddling, just your interpretation of the sentence. :D

Joe

Grand Master
If you were looking to contact Craig about Mike's post on Facebook then you only had to send him a PM! :roll:

I stand by what I said above. If you hadn't posted the screenshots in his book thread and made a comment about it having a negative impact on his project then I don't think anyone would have mentioned it here and we wouldn't be discussing deleting threads/posts etc. Even if you don't want to admit it, your post here WAS the catalyst for people to post their opinions about the incident (which then led to posts about the book) in a thread that had nothing to do with the damaged item and everything to do with Craig's book..which to me looks a little like **** stirring. You know, light the fuse then sit back and watch the fireworks.

In this hobby people often form very strong opinions (especially about other collectors) based on what they hear and see over the years and even though SWF has a long history of allowing it's members to speak their mind and be brutally honest, sometimes dramas like this can be avoided for the good of everyone just by thinking first before posting..(or at least posting in a more appropriate location of the forum!)

wrighty

Sith Lord
Joe said:
If you were looking to contact Craig about Mike's post on Facebook then you only had to send him a PM! :roll:

I stand by what I said above. If you hadn't posted the screenshots in his book thread and made a comment about it having a negative impact on his project then I don't think anyone would have mentioned it here and we wouldn't be discussing deleting threads/posts etc. Even if you don't want to admit it, your post here WAS the catalyst for people to post their opinions about the incident (which then led to posts about the book) in a thread that had nothing to do with the damaged item and everything to do with Craig's book..which to me looks a little like **** stirring. You know, light the fuse then sit back and watch the fireworks.

In this hobby people often form very strong opinions (especially about other collectors) based on what they hear and see over the years and even though SWF has a long history of allowing it's members to speak their mind and be brutally honest, sometimes dramas like this can be avoided for the good of everyone just by thinking first before posting..(or at least posting in a more appropriate location of the forum!)

Of course you are right Joe, I will refrain from posting anything in the future and will just be the passenger. :D

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I have split the thread in to two topics:

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34452
http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34491

I agree deleting posts just makes it look like censorship or favouritism, so this way both Craig and others can comment on either thread again. Any more mentions of the packing in his book thread will be deleted.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom