What's the most underrated Star Wars toy?

Cardbackkid

Jedi Master
What you do think is the most underrated Star Wars toy? ... I'd have to say it's the MTV-7 mini rig what a toy! Hours of fun playing with this when I was a kid :D

subzero

Sith Lord
Imperial Dignitary :lol: :lol:

When you think of the possible backstory behind that guy it could actually be a cool figure 8)

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
All the Mini Rigs (except PDT-8) were great IMO and are to this day massively affordable too as the love just doesn't seem to be there for them.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Slave 1 for me, suprised how unpopular that ship is.

Everyone will say how much they love it now. :lol:

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Always loved Rancor monster. Great sculpting, very cool. Love all things Jabba related. Liked the Ewok village too.

Attachments

• IMG_6456.JPG
    IMG_6456.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 641

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Both back when I was a kid in the 70's buying my first one, and still today to a certain extent, the Palitoy Land of the Jawas has always been the poor relation to the Palitoy Cantina and Palitoy Droid Factory. I've always loved it, but it was never as popular as the Cantina (obviously because of the cantina scene in Star Wars), or even the Droid Factory (which had the great selling point of letting you make a 3-legged R2-D2), and that seems to be reflected today in the numbers of each that come up for sale (and of course, finding a really good condition Palitoy LOTJ today is very difficult indeed). Perhaps it didn't do as much as the other 2 playsets (and certainly a whole lot less than the truly spectacular Palitoy Death Star), and you rarely hear people expressing a lot of love for it, but it has always been a favourite of mine :)

PLOTJ.jpg

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
The Star Destroyer playset. As I've waffled at every opportunity, the playability was great. Vader's chamber that lights up, pits for the commanders to moan about the bounty hunters upstarts, two free clear stands. ... and, admitedly, a shite orange rectangle that's meant to be 'the grand viziar'

Pomse2001

Grand Master
FX-7 I played with him a lot when I was a kid, head could turn and go up and down and a lot of extra arms could be used to beat bad guys :lol:

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
My immediate thoughts were the Palitoy LotJ and Vader's Star Destroyer playsets, so I'm glad to see I'm not alone in this!

I think the Star Destroyer just edges it as I had it as a kid and loved it. Recreating the bounty hunter scene, having Rebels escape in and out through the trap door, Vader conversing with the Emperor or shouting at/choking officers, pretending he was taking off his helmet, and a huge gun at the front to shoot rebels... it really was hours of fun! I know one of the things it's knocked for is the doors at the back that lead to nowhere and it's not really a ship, just a playset, but that didn't bother me at all when I was a kid.

reddogblues

Padawan
I always quite liked the Anakin Skywalker figure. Much maligned, but I think it is a nice sculpt and I enjoyed recreating the "ghost" scene at the end of ROTJ :)

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
the ISP-6 was the nearest I got to having an imperial shuttle, I played with it for hours!

boba fett is still the collest figure for me, was as a kid and still is.

i've never owned one but the star destroyer does sound very cool

lejackal

Grand Master
Cardbackkid said:
What you do think is the most underrated Star Wars toy? ... I'd have to say it's the MTV-7 mini rig what a toy! Hours of fun playing with this when I was a kid :D
I'm with you on the MTV-7, I used to spend hours trying to see if it would jump up any higher than it's 1" max :lol:

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
reddogblues said:
I always quite liked the Anakin Skywalker figure. Much maligned, but I think it is a nice sculpt and I enjoyed recreating the "ghost" scene at the end of ROTJ :)

I liked Anakin too. As a kid I'd imagine this is what Anakin in the forthcoming episodes 1,2 and 3 would be, so the figure gave me something to think about. Here he is in his robes but he's not a transparent ghost - so he's a peak into the forthcoming prequels!

I like the Dignitary , but that's just cause I'm an awkward customer.

Markzane

Padawan
I'd go with the Star Destroyer playset too. I never had this as a kid and only heard bad things about it when I got back into collecting. I recently picked one up cheap and was pleasantly surprised- there's a lot a playability here (my 4 year old daughter always requests this one) plus bounty hunters so not crap at all.
For figures I'd say Imp Dig- this is a great sculpt (although I appreciate as kid I'd have hated it if I'd known about it)-and in general the first wave of Jedi figures- I think Weequay is particularly underrated, surely one of the best sculpts in the whole range;)

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
I always liked the Rebel Transport Vehicle but most people see it as nothing more than a glorified collecting case. Hence you can still pick them up boxed for £30 today. But it's got hidden compartments and detachable gun turrets just like the Millennium Falcon...

x-pack

Grand Master
Another one for Rebel Troop Transporter. Played with that more than anything else as a kid. Loved the compartments and the hatch.

Never had the Star Destroyer but its a set I would love to have now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom