Bib Fortuna The Sausage Lady and other amusing names

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Me and my 3 year old daughter were playing with my Star Wars figures (which by the way means putting them in grip seal bags and writing on small bits of paper just like daddy does), when she came across Bib Fortuna and said "Daddy, this one looks funny, he looks like The Sausage Lady", which of course cracked me up.

It got me to thinking - does anyone have any amusing names for their Star Wars figures from when they were kids, or have your kids got some great names for them now? Could be mispronounciations or just funny nicknames.

My daughter wants me to get an actual girl figure to play with, so I'll be looking for a Princess Leia beater on eBay, meanwhile she's happy playing with Bib Fortuna The Sausage Lady... :lol:

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
I can't remember any childhood names I had for figures, but I heard a funny one on Facebook the other day. Someone called Yak Face "Rare"....

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
ScruffyLookingNH said:
I can't remember any childhood names I had for figures, but I heard a funny one on Facebook the other day. Someone called Yak Face "Rare"....
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Simply Sci-fi

Jedi Knight
As Luke was "Commander Skywalker" me and my friend used to call the Rebel Commander 'Second-in-commander.' It worked for us!

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Walrus Man was among the first figures I got and I'd only seen ESB! He was, and will always be, Bum Face.

My schoolfriend's wee brother used to call Squid Head 'Hand Face'.

Gadders

Padawan
Me and my brother always referred to Klaatu as Nappy Man, as he looked like he was wearing a nappy. :D

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Gadders said:
Me and my brother always referred to Klaatu as Nappy Man, as he looked like he was wearing a nappy. :D
It's amazing really that there's so many of us out there and yet all we have historically so far is Bum Face and Nappy Man.

I guess it's because all the generic terminology for the SW figures that Kenner used had such "ronseal" style names anyway. I mean Hammerhead instead of Momaw Nadon... does what it says on the tin.

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Great idea for a thread -
As a kid I called Chewie the Wolf (because of the fangs) and R2 was dusty bin.

My daughter thinks it's hilarious I didn't know their names but there was precious little in the way of reference material - no internet just see the film once and get on with it :D

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I posted about this on another thread a while back. I gave my daughter a tub of beaters a couple of years ago and loads of them have been renamed now, we've got:
Dar Favour- Darth Vader
Grandad - Ben Kenobi
Bumchin - Walrusman
Froggy - Snaggletooth
Lizard man - Bossk
Pig Hobbit - Ugnaught
Mummy Bespin - Leia Bespin
Mummy Boussh - Leia Boussh
Shrek - Gammorean Guard
Fat Daddy - Rancor Keeper
I'm sure there's others too that I can't recall :lol:

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Robstyley said:
I posted about this on another thread a while back. I gave my daughter a tub of beaters a couple of years ago and loads of them have been renamed now, we've got:
Dar Favour- Darth Vader
Grandad - Ben Kenobi
Bumchin - Walrusman
Froggy - Snaggletooth
Lizard man - Bossk
Pig Hobbit - Ugnaught
Mummy Bespin - Leia Bespin
Mummy Boussh - Leia Boussh
Shrek - Gammorean Guard
Fat Daddy - Rancor Keeper
I'm sure there's others too that I can't recall :lol:
That's more like it!

Lunar_Jetman

Youngling
Woman I used to work with about 12 years ago once referred to R2D2 and C3PO as the dustbin robot and the tin man.

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
For me Greedo was always Green Greedo (I still tend to think of him like that), I think because this is how he was named in the Palitoy comic adverts for the 20-back debut figures in the UK.

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Every time I see mention of Green Greedo I want to sing it to the tune of Jean Genie by David Bowie.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom