Header image

Luke farmboy dt

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
TheWiseRabbit
Regular
Regular

Luke farmboy dt

Postby TheWiseRabbit » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:27 pm

The back story -

I almost finished my loose collection when I stopped (by the wife, long story) about 7ish years ago. Started up again a few weeks ago (with the permission of the wife, long story) with a few figures to go to complete the vintage line. Yesterday I started inspecting the more rarer figures I have including the aforementioned Luke farmboy. While doing this I noticed that I can't take the tip of the light sabre out of the main body. I genuinely can't remember if I ever could take it off to make 2 separate units like I've seen in numerous photos of similar dt lightsabres.

And finally to the questions -

Do any of you who have one have this problem?
Is it a big deal if and when I send it off to afa?
I remember reading a while ago about a letter K on some of the dt lightsabres. Mine doesn't have it. Is that a big deal?

Any help would be greatly appreciated:)
The geek shall inherit the earth!

Richard_H
Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Luke farmboy dt

Postby Richard_H » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:56 pm

Not to be stupid here but to get it out you push the inner right up inside and out of the back end of the outer. I'd personally leave it for the grades to do. They've been found with a few different letters on the hilt.
Co-host, co-creator, director and stud of SW The Vintage Rebellion podcast
https://www.facebook.com/thevintagerebellion

Check out my interview on http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com/co ... ka-cc4rhu/

TheWiseRabbit
Regular
Regular

Postby TheWiseRabbit » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:25 pm

Richard_H wrote:Not to be stupid here but to get it out you push the inner right up inside and out of the back end of the outer. I'd personally leave it for the grades to do. They've been found with a few different letters on the hilt.

Sorry should have said it's been damaged both ends so can't pull/push it out. I'll post some pics

TheWiseRabbit
Regular
Regular

Postby TheWiseRabbit » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:33 pm

[url][URL=http://s556.photobucket.com/user/TheWiseRabbit/media/IMG_3175.jpg.html]Image[/url][/url]

Not sure if it's visible but it's kind of 'chewed' either end so the thicker part of the inner sabre can't come out

Mini99
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Mini99 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:16 pm

TheWiseRabbit wrote:[url][URL=http://s556.photobucket.com/user/TheWiseRabbit/media/IMG_3175.jpg.html]Image[/url][/url]

Not sure if it's visible but it's kind of 'chewed' either end so the thicker part of the inner sabre can't come out

I agree with Richard, if you are getting it graded, let the graders deal with it.
Safest option.

Dannywhiteley
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Dannywhiteley » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:27 pm

Is there any letter on the hilt?

TheWiseRabbit
Regular
Regular

Postby TheWiseRabbit » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:30 pm

Dannywhiteley wrote:Is there any letter on the hilt?

Not that I can see. Is that a problem?

Dannywhiteley
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Dannywhiteley » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:34 pm

No, most DT have letters but some genuine ones dont.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Bonsai_Tree_Ent » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:42 pm

It's a bit of a worry that the inner wont come out as the big end (which you cant see) is one of the best ways to identify fakes. My concern is that this is so chewed and abused, that maybe someone bought a £10 repro and went to town on it, to distress it on purpose. I hope im wrong!

TheWiseRabbit
Regular
Regular

Postby TheWiseRabbit » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:16 pm

Bonsai_Tree_Ent wrote:It's a bit of a worry that the inner wont come out as the big end (which you cant see) is one of the best ways to identify fakes. My concern is that this is so chewed and abused, that maybe someone bought a £10 repro and went to town on it, to distress it on purpose. I hope im wrong!

I've pondered forcing it out but I'm pretty sure I won't get it back in. I did buy it about 10ish years ago from someone I trusted so I may just bite the bullet and send it to Afa as is. I've sent them a message on the problem to see if they will grade it in its condition. Just waiting for a reply

maxf
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby maxf » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:18 am

I wouldnt bother sending it to AFA - it will take an age and come back a 40 or something if it's genuine. UKG in the UK will be faster if you're based here, or CAS turnarounds are pretty good. I'd probably just get a COA from Bill McBride though, if he'll do one/
Detailed WTB list here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=32243

Includes: Loose figures, Palitoy MOCs, Meccano 20bks, Vehicles, Mailers, Paperwork and more.

TheWiseRabbit
Regular
Regular

Postby TheWiseRabbit » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:59 pm

maxf wrote:I wouldnt bother sending it to AFA - it will take an age and come back a 40 or something if it's genuine. UKG in the UK will be faster if you're based here, or CAS turnarounds are pretty good. I'd probably just get a COA from Bill McBride though, if he'll do one/

Thanks for the info maxf. I'll be totally honest I had to google bill mcbride as I'd never heard of him. Just watched a YouTube vid of his collection...sweet lord. Very impressive. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want to or have the time to look at my sabre though.

I've been thinking about starting to send my collection for grading. I'm based in the uk so afa would be a pain to send it to and was looking into uk graders. Funnily enough I was gonna ask on here if there is a major difference between the 2 but I'll save that for another thread.

As for the dt sabre I think Its best if I keep that on the back burner for a while and concentrate on finishing my loose collection off.

jonathan freeman
New User
New User

Postby jonathan freeman » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:06 pm

not all DT sabers have letters some just have a bump or nothing

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”